Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Arsenal match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I would imagine the comment referred to Poulsen kicking Wilshere around the field at which Poulsen would be the more talented of the two.

I know he's small, but Wilshere has to be one of the most petulant players I've seen in a while. I really wouldn't be surprised if he picked up at least one red card this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

3-0 liverpool, arsenal wont be able to handle the new happy liverpool :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

2-1 Liverpool .

Cole & Torres ... Consolation goal for Arsenal late on .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Will be happy with the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

If Liverpool play cole, gerrard and lucas play in the centre and Cesc plays I'd be a bit worried that he'll pass his way round them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Poulson is almost certainly starting todays game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

argosy2006 wrote: »
    3-0 liverpool, arsenal wont be able to handle the new happy liverpool :D:D:D

I'll take that bet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

I'm not a supporter of either team, but Jack Wilshere has more talent in his toe than Poulsen does in his whole body.

Maybe so, won't stop Poulsen eating him though,literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

Surely Mascherano has to play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Rumored Liverpool team:

Reina

Johnson---Skrtel----Carra
    Agger

Gerrard
    Masch

Kuyt
    Cole
    Jovanovic

Ngog

I like the team - one thing that strikes me is that there is a lot of potential goalscorer. Word on the street is that Fabregas hasnt traveled.

Tusky wrote: »
    Rumored Liverpool team:

Reina

Johnson---Skrtel----Carra
    Agger

Gerrard
    Masch

Kuyt
    Cole
    Jovanovic

Ngog

I like the team - one thing that strikes me is that there is a lot of potential goalscorer. Word on the street is that Fabregas hasnt traveled.

Super Nasri to save the day so, might stick him down for MOTM.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

According to Romford Pele on talksport, Fabregas hasn't travelled.

Well that just settles it what a shambles. He actually stayed in Mexico for extra days after the Spain team left to sight see with Darren Dein.

All I know is the pressure will be firmly on Wenger tonight.

DB10 wrote: »
    All I know is the pressure will be firmly on Wenger tonight.

True, only because it's an opening day fixture against Pool though, not for whatever hyperbolic reasons you're trying to get across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

no disrespect meant to Arsenal, but right now, before the game, i'd be disappointed with a draw today.

this is as good a time as any to play Arsenal I feel, especially if they have no Cesc, so if we don't get off to a good start with today's game, i think my feeling afterwards will probably be along the lines of an oppotunity lost.

So is Fab "injured" or injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

He's not ready for the new season because he's been pissing about with Spain all summer, including a trip to Mexico during midweek. He was always a doubt for this game.

mike65 wrote: »
    So is Fab "injured" or injured?

Neither. He came back late from international duty and he went to Mexico mid-week, unlike Reina and Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

right, off into town to get some lunch and watch this.

i'm sure i'll be back later to give a verdict on the match.

here's hoping i can give a happy one. ;)

a perhaps optimistic prediction of 2-1 Liverpool for this. Gerrard and N'Gog for Liverpool, and Chamakh with Arsenal's goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

SlickRic wrote: »
    right, off into town to get some lunch and watch this.

i'm sure i'll be back later to give a verdict on the match.

here's hoping i can give a happy one. ;)

a perhaps optimistic prediction of 2-1 Liverpool for this. Gerrard and N'Gog for Liverpool, and Chamakh with Arsenal's goal.

Enoy ... And have hope .

I just waanna see the team news before I decide what I'd be happy with from this game. If Wilshere and Frimpong start I'd be delighted with a point. Nasri is going to have to have a blinder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

If that rumoured team is correct playing Agger at full back when presumably Aurelio and Insua are fit is crazy. Agger will be missed in the middle, and is not great at full back. Neither Carra nor Skrtel can bring the ball out of defence

Anyone know if Today FM/Newstalk are covering this? I'm stuck in work and can't get onto either of their website to check.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Frisbee wrote: »
    Anyone know if Today FM/Newstalk are covering this? I'm stuck in work and can't get onto either of their website to check.

Cheers.

Newstalk are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/masch-starts-listen-live-1
    Javier Mascherano starts for Liverpool in their season opener against Arsenal this afternoon. Listen to live online commentary from 3.55pm BST.

The Argentina skipper partners Steven Gerrard in the middle of the park, while the other major team news is that Fernando Torres starts on the bench following his adductor injury.

The team in full is: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Carragher, Mascherano, Gerrard, Cole, Jovanovic, Kuyt, Ngog. Subs: Cavalieri, Lucas, Babel, Torres, Kelly, Maxi, Aurelio.

Not happy with Agger at Left back, him being our best centre back, but i'm not going to complain. Torres on the bench is good news.

OOOh!

Reina
    Johnson-Carra-Skrtel-Agger
    Masch---
    Gerrard
    Kuyt
    Cole
    Jovanovic
    N'Goal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if liverpool win this 3-0. At least it will spur wenger into action to get some new players. The whole summer has been a shambles for Arsenal's point of view!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Van Persie on the bench. No Cesc confirmed.

Clown Almunia starting and as captain.

What a shambles! Bad enough he is total rubbish but to just throw the captaincy in the rubbish like that is a disgrace!

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Gowan the Almunia!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Almunia is the best of a bad bunch.

Almunia
    Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Clichy
    Diaby, Wilshere
    Eboue, Nasri, Arshavin
    Chamakh

• Advertisement

I'm in disbelief at that line up. The midfield is mind boggling. Almunia playing despite no pre season and as captain?:rolleyes:

And no CB's on the bench at all. Also Fabregas not even in the squad despite nearly every other WC player playing yesterday and even today.

Need a miracle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

All this negativity from the Arsenal fans is making me even more nervous about this game!

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

What a shambles! Bad enough he is total rubbish but to just throw the captaincy in the rubbish like that is a disgrace!

Who else was going to be captain ffs.

Team

Big Al
    Sagna TV5 L.Kos G.Clichy
    Eboue Diaby Nasri
    Wilshere Arshavin

Chamakh

Or

4-4-2 with Eboue right, Wilshere left and Arsh just behind MC

He was vice-captain all last season after RVP was injured. I'ts not like it's a new thing...

The only other real candidates would be Sagna+Clichy (neither of which are vocal/assertive enough) or Vermaelen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

0-0 I'll go for, both teams will be cautious but I expect liverpool to go for the win more, Arsenal know they'd be happy if they got a draw today and if there is to be a winner, I'd expect it to be liverpool, a loss on the opening day is awful imo and was part of liverpools downfall last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

He was vice-captain all last season after RVP was injured. I'ts not like it's a new thing...

The only other real candidates would be Sagna+Clichy (neither of which are vocal/assertive enough) or Vermaelen.

wasn't Diaby captain in a game for france at the world cup?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

peabutler wrote: »
    Who else was going to be captain ffs.

Team

Big Al
    Sagna TV5 L.Kos G.Clichy
    Eboue Diaby Nasri
    Wilshere Arshavin

Chamakh

Or

4-4-2 with Eboue right, Wilshere left and Arsh just behind MC
    Wilshere has been playing deep alongside the DM in pre-season and I'll be very surprised if he's moved from there now. Eboue and Shava have been in the wing forward roles all pre-season too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Jesus wept, the amount of Arsenal fans complaining about their line-up is unreal. Try being a Sunderland fan and you'll realise how lucky you are :pac:

I hope Arsenal win, but I suspect Liverpool will win 1-0 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

0-0 I predict

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Disgusted with that line up, really highlights our lack of depth, An injury to verm or kosc and we are fcuked. Liverpool 3-0

And Almunia is vocal/assertive enough??

Him being captain is basically like Wenger tossing the armband into the rubbish bin. He doesn't care about it at all, not good enough.

And the only reason Almunia is even playing is because Fabianksi made a balls of pre season. I really believe Wenger was ready to dump him only Fabianski failed the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

probably be an edgy 0-0 draw, with both sides reasonably happy

God I hate it when the opposition think their team will loose.

He doesn't care about it at all, not good enough.

Who doesn't care about it?

Who doesn't care about it?
    Wenger obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wenger obviously.

FFS.

Wenger obviously.

Are you for real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

God I hate it when the opposition think their team will loose.

I hate it when people spell lose with an extra 'o'. ;)

Where's Aquilani? Injured I'm guessing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

OOOh!

Reina
    Johnson-Carra-Skrtel-Agger
    Masch---
    Gerrard
    Kuyt
    Cole
    Jovanovic
    N'Goal

Not quite sure why Aurelio is not playing at LB, but that XI is strong enough on paper to match Arsenal. Of course that bloody Arshavin is fit though:mad:

As an aside not so young Michael, Waterford did not look bad this morning, but probably looked an awful lot better after I left it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

8-10 wrote: »
    I hate it when people spell lose with an extra 'o'. ;)

Where's Aquilani? Injured I'm guessing?

Probably fell off the bench. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement