Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Arsenal match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

monkey9 wrote: »
    F*ck off ref. F*ck off. Joke of a decision.

Only reason he's got the red is because it's against Arsenal.

Worst post I've read in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Looking forward to Rednapp defending his geezer mate with that tackle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

MR NINE wrote: »
    How do you ignore people on boards?
    Click their name and its an option

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

God damn it I missed the end of the half. And god damn cole :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Joke of a decision. Hate Atkinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Seemed more clumsy than malicious!

Well thats ok then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Newstalk were awful at describing it, couple questions:

Does Kosc look alright?

Was it a deserved red?

What happened exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Harsh red, i think, wasn't malicious at all
    not a great match either way, hopefully Arsenal can push on and get the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Absloutley shocking tackle from joe.

Thought I saw the leg flop a bit, hopefully not a break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I look forward to Wilshere's sending off next time he touches a liverpool player.

Poor performance from Liverpool in all honesty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Definite red IMO. Over the ball, launched himself, reckless in the extreme.

The game has been sanitised beyond recognition in the last few years, where it's become nearly a non contact sport, but that's a red in any era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

OPENROAD wrote: »
    What are you serious?

Yes, I've only seen it once. My opinion may change after seeing it a few more times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Jesus at first I thought it was Chamakh (horrible stream I have) which wewe could probably cope with but then it turns out to be Kosickny :( Another CB fcuking hell, are we ever going to have any luck :mad::mad::mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Kosc off on a stretcher, not looking good anyway, we have no other fit CB :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Not a red card. You'll be seeing red cards every match if you were gonna be consistant.

I know the usual bull**** will be spouted here, TheRokerRoar is talking sh!te. And all Arsenal fans are gonna plough in with their 'how dare you try to tackle us. We're delicate petals'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

That didn't deserve a red card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    lol, you must be delighted. nice to see you're staying true to your Liverpool hating ways.

It's not that at all. I've no affiliation or hatred towards Liverpool at all.

I thought a Liverpool side under Hodgson would be encouraged to play in the spirit of the game, unfortunately not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

expecting the usual suspects among the arsenal fanbase here to start crying about the over-physicality of the game. If that was a red, both Wilshere and Gerrard should be off too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Don't know what he was thinking of diving in there like that, it was something that a teenager would do on a debut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

How is a red card harsh if the player is sent off on a stretcher as a result? I mean, what even..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Just what Cole was thinking about committing himself to a tackle like that in that area of the pitch seconds before half time is anyone's guess, stupid in the extreme.

Not a red card. You'll be seeing red cards every match if you were gonna be consistant.

I know the usual bull**** will be spouted here, TheRokerRoar is talking sh!te. And all Arsenal fans are gonna plough in with their 'how dare you try to tackle us. We're delicate petals'.

And all Liverpool fans are going to say it wasn't red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

From the refs view it looked like it deserved a red tbh.

From the refs view? Didn't think Andy Grey was so influential. No matter what angle your looking at it from it was a mistimed tackle, never a straight red

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Definite red.

Pepe "90 yards away from the tackle" Reina screaming his head off at the ref at HT.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Jesus at first I thought it was Chamakh (horrible stream I have) which wewe could probably cope with but then it turns out to be Kosickny :( Another CB fcuking hell, are we ever going to have any luck :mad::mad::mad:.
    You just had a player from the team you're playing sent off for a nothing challenge. That's luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Frisbee wrote: »
    Newstalk were awful at describing it, couple questions:

Does Kosc look alright?

Was it a deserved red?

What happened exactly?

CB had the ball in the corner Cole slid in and took both his legs never got near the ball.

Stupid tackle considering he was never gonna get the ball and where it happened. CB stretchered off, fair enough red imo more so to the fact he was never going to get the ball and went in 2 footed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

And all Arsenal fans are gonna plough in with their 'how dare you try to tackle us. We're delicate petals'.

At least make an effort and think about what you've said before pressing "Submit Reply".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

We have Song to slot in at CB, not the end of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Beau x1 wrote: »
    How is a red card harsh if the player is sent off on a stretcher as a result? I mean, what even..

players have gone off injured before from nothing challenges, dont see what difference that makes

Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Although some may argue it might have been a harsh red,

when you look at it from the angle the ref sees it from, it looks like a red card challenge all day.

Regardless of angle of view, the ball was gone, Cole was very late, he made contact, and it looked as if both his feet were off the ground. It looked that kind of scissor type tackle that a certain teammate of his likes. It was red for me.

At least it might make the game interesting now, because up to that it has been terrible from both teams, Arsenal refusing to go wide, and Liverpool just refusing to go forward.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    expecting the usual suspects among the arsenal fanbase here to start crying about the over-physicality of the game. If that was a red, both Wilshere and Gerrard should be off too.

No :rolleyes:, but it was reckless, right decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Nothing wrong with a good hard tackle, if you get the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Joe Cole= the new Ryan Shawcross for more hysterical Arsenal fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

never a red. ridiculous call from the ref.

lol looks like he broke his leg he missed by that much. Filthy tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So a player getting injured in a tackle automatically means it was bad tackle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

iMuse wrote: »
    Kosc off on a stretcher, not looking good anyway, we have no other fit CB :(

wouldn't take too much notice of the stretcher, pretty much had to go off on one after a red was given otherwise it doesn't look quite so justified.

He might be injured, but id have been surprised if he didn't leave on a stretcher regardless since its halftime anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wilshire's tackle was the exact same. Never a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Frisbee wrote: »
    We have Song to slot in at CB, not the end of the world.

Is he fit though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i don't think it was a malicious tackle from Cole, he wasnt going in to 'do' him; but it turned into a shocking tackle the way he pinned the defenders leg and twisted his knee.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

He looks injured anyway, either its the knee or the leg. It was a leg breaker. No problem being a red, Clumsy stupid tackle to make in the area of the ptich. J.Cole made a twat of himself. Trying to big it up and win the fans over. He just got sent off in his debut, misses the next 3 games and probably put the other player out of the rest of the game. Well done!!

By the way love the "never a red"! brigade. Check the ****ing rule book lads will you. He was about a half hour late the with tackle and went right through him. Red every day of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

You just had a player from the team you're playing sent off for a nothing challenge. That's luck.
    For a nothing challenge? Why do I even bother coming on Boards.ie, I wonder sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

ntlbell wrote: »
    Absloutley shocking tackle from joe.

Thought I saw the leg flop a bit, hopefully not a break

Wow, im surprised that you think a Liverpool player should have been sent off, thats a turn up for the books

A nothing challenge , dear God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

dreamers75 wrote: »
    CB had the ball in the corner Cole slid in and took both his legs never got near the ball.

Stupid tackle considering he was never gonna get the ball and where it happened. CB stretchered off, fair enough red imo more so to the fact he was never going to get the ball and went in 2 footed.

No he didn't, never got near his left leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

It was a poorly executed tackle, no way should it be a straight red. No maliciousness in it at all. No intent, he's not that type of player. Hope that the Arsenal player is alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Just because there is a stretcher involved doesn't mean a tackle deserves a red or not, you can get stretchered off ater a legimatie leagl tackle.

it was red because he was well of the ground, two footed, wreckless.

no questions about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

So a player getting injured in a tackle automatically means it was bad tackle?
    I knew I'd get called out on this for that reason. Not at all, but if a player gets injured in the kind of tackle we just saw? Unnaceptable, I'm sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Unbelieveable nonsense being talked on here. Cole was clearly attempting a block tackle there, did follow through with trailing leg but nothing malicious in that tackle. Harsh decision to send him off. Arsenal new guy (name?) very unlucky to be injured there as he just got legs in a tangle under the trailing leg.

• Advertisement

joe cole had his right foot on the ground all the time. ridiculous, game ruinned.

Advertisement