Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Arsenal match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why wasn't Wilshire sent off for his tackle on Mascherano? Exact same tackle. At no point did Cole have both feet off the ground.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

colly10 wrote: »
    From the refs view? Didn't think Andy Grey was so influential. No matter what angle your looking at it from it was a mistimed tackle, never a straight red

From the refs view it looked like an extremely dangerous tackle, 'mistimed' or not. It's really quite simple.

ntlbell wrote: »
    he was well of the ground, two footed.

No it wasn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

would not be suprised to see him back for second half,
    didnt look injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Wow........
    Silly by Joe.....but still it is harsh IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Beau x1 wrote: »
    I knew I'd get called out on this for that reason. Not at all, but if a player gets injured in the kind of tackle we just saw? Unnaceptable, I'm sorry.

Well you should reword your statement to factor that in as you sort of left yourself open to being challenged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Why wasn't Wilshire sent off for his tackle on Mascherano? Exact same tackle. At no point did Cole have both feet off the ground.

Because the referee is not competent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Xavi6 wrote: »
    You've got to be joking :rolleyes:
    Arsenal just don't like it up em.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    Newstalk were awful at describing it, couple questions:

Does Kosc look alright?

Was it a deserved red?

What happened exactly?
    Kosc is off on a stretcher. He was clearing the ball and Cole lunged in, nowhere near the ball and trapped Kosc's leg and followed right through. LOL at the lads on Sky saying he didn't have a chance to get out of the way. :pac: It's like someone constantly running around in a rugby match with their arm out, it's the opposition's fault if they get clotheslined, they should get out of the way. :pac:
    ntlbell wrote: »
    Absloutley shocking tackle from joe.

Thought I saw the leg flop a bit, hopefully not a break
    Think it was just the pad, really hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Because the referee is not competent

That's a fact.

Gerrard should have AT LEAST been booked earlier in the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Nothing malicious in the tackle I'm sure but it was a stupid clumsy potential leg breaker and he deserved the red. Simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Mr Alan wrote: »
    joe cole had his right foot on the ground all the time. ridiculous, game ruinned.
    True his right foot was on the ground but it was sliding in so I think that means he wasn't in "control" and that makes it reckless

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

argosy2006 wrote: »
    would not be suprised to see him back for second half,
    didnt look injured

He was lying on the stretcher for the lol's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Mr Alan wrote: »
    expecting the usual suspects among the arsenal fanbase here to start crying about the over-physicality of the game. If that was a red, both Wilshere and Gerrard should be off too.

How about you save some of those famous internet warrior skills for blaming J Cole for making such a ridiculous tackle in a nothing area of the pitch?

Stupid tackle by Cole.

3 game ban now for him - fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

OPENROAD wrote: »
    And all Liverpool fans are going to say it wasn't red.

If that tackle was made on a Liverpool player, i still wouldn't be calling it a red.

I'm sick and tired of the usual Arsenal bullsh!t. We had it all through the World Cup with the Dutch. The Arsenal fans feeling victimised cos everyone is critising the Dutch yet Arsenal just 'don't like it up them.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Well you should reword your statement to factor that in as you sort of left yourself open to being challenged.
    Or maybe, just maybe, everybody on this board doesn't have to assume everyone else is an idiot and recognise that some things go without saying.

I do see what you mean though.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Eh?

Why wasn't Gerrard sent off for his sickening lunge from behind, he wasn't even booked?

Disgusting bias towards Gerrad from referees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

From the refs view it looked like an extremely dangerous tackle, 'mistimed' or not. It's really quite simple.

nonsense. very poor decision. Ref had a great view. Bad decision. Wilshire tackle was worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Looking at it again, Wilshires tackle was much much worse IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No he didn't, never got near his left leg.

Looked like his right leg caught yer mans left on the follow tru, suppose the inevitbale GIF which should be on the itnernet around now should clear it up.

• Advertisement

That's a fact.

In fairness I'd agree with that. Can't book the England captain though.

Regardless, if Cole's challenge was a red card, Wilshire's on Mascherano should have been too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That's a fact.

Do all ye arsenal fans have the wenger mentality

That's a fact.

Not to mention Wilshere? But i guess it doesn't suit your agenda to mention that

Now we have one thug off the field, he just needs to send off Mascherano and Gerrard and maybe a football match can take place and not acts of violence.

It's a completelt sh1t game too!

No it wasn't.
    Eh yes he was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Not to mention Wilshere? But i guess it doesn't suit your agenda to mention that

Wilshere was booked.

The paranoia from Liverpool supporters on here is baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Beau x1 wrote: »
    How is a red card harsh if the player is sent off on a stretcher as a result? I mean, what even..

? i dont see how that comes into it? A player can leave on a stretcher from a perfectly good challenge which wins the ball, and likewise a player could be right up on his feet again after a potential horror tackle. The extent of the injury has nought to do with the validity of the tackle.

In this instance, touch and go for me, but i wouldn't begrudge the red to be honest, it was unnecessary and a bit reckless and the key for me is that Cole looked like he may have had no control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I know Cole's not that kind of player,

yeah, the guy is an angel.

http://bit.ly/dkdEJm

• Advertisement

That's a fact.

Ok, we get the point. Gerrard should have seen yellow. The record needs changing. :cool:

Wilshere was booked.

for a tackle that deserved a red imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Hope Joe Cole is ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

That decision is covering over how awful Liverpool were in that half of football. Ball was going from back to front completely by passing midfield, it was horrible to watch.

Opr

So a player getting injured in a tackle automatically means it was bad tackle?

Not at all. If the tackle is legal then it should be fair game. This tackle was reckless and wild. Red card. Simple! Injury or no injury!

Anyone that thinks Wilshere's tackle was worse than the sickening lunges from Gerrard and Cole, is an idiot.

We can accept bias, but please Liverpool fans admit your players have had some disgusting leg breakers out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He's back out? I'm shocked. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So there we go. Kosc is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Ye it's quite simple, did he get the decision right or wrong? Where he was viewing it from is irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Thank God he is back out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Course he is. Nothing like a bit of play acting to help the ref make a decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cole went in with his leading leg well over the ball which is a sending off in itself. I can't see any argument in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

jank wrote: »
    How about you save some of those famous internet warrior skills for blaming J Cole for making such a ridiculous tackle in a nothing area of the pitch?
    Shouldn't have put the tackle in. Silly yellow card to pick up, but the ref deciding to dish out a red is pretty embarrasing. And to the person who said even though it was only a one footed tackle but was out of control-using that logic, any sliding tackle that doesn't get the ball should be a red. What a surprise he's back on :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

DB10 wrote: »
    Now we have one thug off the field, he just needs to send off Mascherano and Gerrard and maybe a football match can take place and not acts of violence.

this kind of rubbish is a disgrace

He's back out? I'm shocked. :pac:

I'm not. Not like Arsenal's players and managers to make a very big meal out of a foul. You'll have Wenger bleating and moaning after the match about how his players never get any protection.

Wilshire's foul was much worse. But there'll be no mention of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

RasTa wrote: »
    lol looks like he broke his leg he missed by that much. Filthy tackle.

Yeah some leg break :rolleyes:

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Kos is ok :D

adox wrote: »
    Cole went in with his leading leg well over the ball which is a sending off in itself. I can't see any argument in it.

Asrenal fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Thank God he is back out
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    So there we go. Kosc is fine.

irrelevant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Great to see kosc not injured, we need him fit

• Advertisement