Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 Meteor

Options
  • 12-08-2010 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone succesfully activated an iPhone 4 with a Meteor microsim?

Mine wont activate it, although both an o2 and a vodafone microsim will - so it is definitely unlocked.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone succesfully activated an iPhone 4 with a Meteor microsim?

Mine wont activate it, although both an o2 and a vodafone microsim will - so it is definitely unlocked.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

yes, 2 of them.

are you 100% its unlocked?
    anyway, once its activated with the O2 sim you dont have to activate it again, just swap out the sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

kceire wrote: »
    yes, 2 of them.

are you 100% its unlocked?
    anyway, once its activated with the O2 sim you dont have to activate it again, just swap out the sims.
    AppleCare tell me it's unlocked anyway. Even when it's activated with an o2 or voda sim - as soon as i pop the meteor sim in it comes up with the connect to itunes screen and wont let me past. When i take the sim back out - the phone is normal again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Possible faulty SIM

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Do you have the box?

old_aussie wrote: »
    Possible faulty SIM

The SIM has been confirmed working in another phone tho so that is why it's strange.
    Dades wrote: »
    Do you have the box?

I have the small black box that an iPhone comes in when it is obtained as a replacement - why?

• Advertisement

The SIM has been confirmed working in another phone tho so that is why it's strange.

is it a genuine Meteor Micro Sim or a cut down version of a standard Meteor Sim?

if its a cut down version, then the sim could old and not capable of working on a smart phone. my dad is on Vodafone and his old sim would not work in his E52 until he got a 128k sim from a vodafone store if that makes sense.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I have the small black box that an iPhone comes in when it is obtained as a replacement - why?
    Sorry - I should have put a smiley in there. That was a joke given you've another thread looking a a box! (I'll get my coat).

is it a genuine Meteor Micro Sim or a cut down version of a standard Meteor Sim?

if its a cut down version, then the sim could old and not capable of working on a smart phone. my dad is on Vodafone and his old sim would not work in his E52 until he got a 128k sim from a vodafone store if that makes sense.

Yeah it is a genuine microsim. I have tried 2 genuine microsims and one cut down normal sim. Starting to think it's the phone itself so gonna ring apple n see what they can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

My mate just text me saying when he sticks his meteor micro sim in on a jailbroken and unlcked iPhone 4 it says connect to iTunes or something , any ideas ?? It's a proper micro sim out of meteor so he says

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=359228

Seems apple is doing something when you connect to itunes. but anyway, there is something needed - lockdown to be replaced in your phone for the new carrier to work.

read around google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jamesjoyce

I had this problem aswell, jailbroke unlocked and then need to connect to itunes to activate my self cut down microsim. First off you need the original sim, so now your phone is active again. download ssh and also remember your ip adress.

follow this guide you shud have no problems

http://www.machackpc.com/iphone/3g/how-to-fix-different-sim-detected-error-after-jailbreak-unlock-iphone-ios-4/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Have done this successfully tonight, just chopped my sim down to the gold chip , inserted and away i went.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

My brother successfully activated his with a chopped dwn meteor sim , Jakmeehan are you sure thats not a meteor data sim because i havent heard of meteor having any voice sims correct me if i'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

they have new numbers only. no micro sim swaps. however the one they gave me in the store, thinking it could be done was a postpaid micro sim pack. so im not sure whether yours is a prepaid account that has/hasnt been activated.

but then uve tried a cut down sim, so basically it aint working with meteor. i remember having an iphone 3g a few years back that simply would not accept a 3 sim. at all. but all other sims would work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

jamesjoyce wrote: »
    I had this problem aswell, jailbroke unlocked and then need to connect to itunes to activate my self cut down microsim. First off you need the original sim, so now your phone is active again. download ssh and also remember your ip adress.

follow this guide you shud have no problems

http://www.machackpc.com/iphone/3g/how-to-fix-different-sim-detected-error-after-jailbreak-unlock-iphone-ios-4/

This worked for my mate

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭hughie1989

Spipov wrote: »
    they have new numbers only. no micro sim swaps. however the one they gave me in the store, thinking it could be done was a postpaid micro sim pack. so im not sure whether yours is a prepaid account that has/hasnt been activated.

but then uve tried a cut down sim, so basically it aint working with meteor. i remember having an iphone 3g a few years back that simply would not accept a 3 sim. at all. but all other sims would work.

sorry for going off topic but does any know if meteor are going to do swaps?? im on bill pay lite and have an iphone 4 ordered on apple.ie. A new number really wouldnt suit me! :confused:

Thanks everyone for your help.

It's working now, I got a microsim from meteor and they succesfully ported my number onto the microsim. It took about 3 days but it is working perfectly now :)

My mate just text me saying when he sticks his meteor micro sim in on a jailbroken and unlcked iPhone 4 it says connect to iTunes or something , any ideas ?? It's a proper micro sim out of meteor so he says
    Also, there is a cydia patch for that now. just add "cydia.pushfix.info" as a source to cydia, and then install the "hacktivation patch". worked for me

hughie1989 wrote: »
    sorry for going off topic but does any know if meteor are going to do swaps?? im on bill pay lite and have an iphone 4 ordered on apple.ie. A new number really wouldnt suit me! :confused:

yes Meteor will provide Micr Sims for number swaps over the next few weeks according to a Meteor rep on the Meteor Forum.
    Thanks everyone for your help.

It's working now, I got a microsim from meteor and they succesfully ported my number onto the microsim. It took about 3 days but it is working perfectly now :)

glad you got sorted man, can i ask where you got the micro sim for meteor to transfer you to? or did you port from another network?
    thanks.

yes Meteor will provide Micr Sims for number swaps over the next few weeks according to a Meteor rep on the Meteor Forum.

glad you got sorted man, can i ask where you got the micro sim for meteor to transfer you to? or did you port from another network?
    thanks.
    I got the MicroSim from the meteor store in wexford, I was already on meteor and just wanted to port my number to the microsim. Thanks for your help :)

• Advertisement

I got the MicroSim from the meteor store in wexford, I was already on meteor and just wanted to port my number to the microsim. Thanks for your help :)

feckers in Dublin are still saying that they cant swap existing numbers to their existing micro sim stock. :mad:

Really? Well when I was getting it done, i was told that it was gonna be done by the end of the night, it wasn't done so 3 days later i went into them and they said there was a massive backlog and that it would be done within the next hour. it was so i was happy :)

it could be worth your while going to arklow/bray or somewhere smaller than dublin for one

Really? Well when I was getting it done, i was told that it was gonna be done by the end of the night, it wasn't done so 3 days later i went into them and they said there was a massive backlog and that it would be done within the next hour. it was so i was happy :)

it could be worth your while going to arklow/bray or somewhere smaller than dublin for one

would you believe i dealt with a sound guy in Meteor, Omni Store (Alan) and he gave me a micro sim today and said it could be a day or two before it transfers over but if should work.

how long from when you got your micro sim to when it worked were you waiting Jakmeehan?

would you believe i dealt with a sound guy in Meteor, Omni Store (Alan) and he gave me a micro sim today and said it could be a day or two before it transfers over but if should work.

how long from when you got your micro sim to when it worked were you waiting Jakmeehan?
    Well I requested the port at about 3pm on the Thursday and it was done by 5 on Saturday. But that was after going in at about 2 on Saturday and asking why it wasn't done yet, they said there was backlog etc but they would focus on my one and it was done shortly after

Well I requested the port at about 3pm on the Thursday and it was done by 5 on Saturday. But that was after going in at about 2 on Saturday and asking why it wasn't done yet, they said there was backlog etc but they would focus on my one and it was done shortly after

were you porting from another network?
    im just doing a sim swap which usually happens within an hour or two, but seemly its different on the micro sims ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Meteor supposedly still aren't able to do sim swaps yet for Micro Sims. It's been going on a few weeks now and they gave a date of the 9th but then said it will probably be the week after. It's now the week after and they still say that it isn't available. Why are Meteor always behind the competitors??

Here's the Meteor forum link anyways so you can keep up to date : http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=903

DubDJ wrote: »
    Meteor supposedly still aren't able to do sim swaps yet for Micro Sims. It's been going on a few weeks now and they gave a date of the 9th but then said it will probably be the week after. It's now the week after and they still say that it isn't available. Why are Meteor always behind the competitors??

Here's the Meteor forum link anyways so you can keep up to date : http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=903

i got a micro sim from Meteor yesterday. Should be transferred over today so ive been told.
    will keep you updated.

im actually in that thread too.

were you porting from another network?
    im just doing a sim swap which usually happens within an hour or two, but seemly its different on the micro sims ?
    No I was already on Meteor, just needed my number switched from my normal sim to micro sim. Is yours done yet?

No I was already on Meteor, just needed my number switched from my normal sim to micro sim. Is yours done yet?

no not yet.
    i rang customer care last night to make sure it was being processed as the Omni store process all their swaps at the end of the day and the girl knew i was using an iPhone 4 and was awaiting a sim transfer.

she said it will be today at te earliest so im not rushed or anything as my current meteor chopped sim is working perfect, i just want an official sim in there.

will update when/if it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Oh really thats strange.
    Hope they get them in by the end of the week anyways.

I was wondering how that was gonna work! I thought you we're leaving yourself without a sim until they transfered it. Didn't know they left your old one active.

Advertisement