Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 Meteor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

etcetc wrote: »
    Anybody got a link to above details I can't fond them on cydia
    You have to add that source to cydia. Go to manage>sources>edit>add and type cydia.pushfix.info in. then just search for hacktivation patch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    My micro sim was not originally blank. It had a number attached to it, and the meteor staff put €1 credit on it to make sure it was active, which it was. I was able to make and receive calls and send and receive sms etc, before my normal number switched to it.

I'd say they are telling you that as it is too much trouble to go thru to get it switched to a non blank sim.

I'd probably say it's just due to the fact that the staff aren't experienced when it comes to Micro Sims. They always look at me funny if I ask in store about them. There getting wrong information given to them and i'd say some actually think that you can't transfer a number to a sim with an assigned USSID. Just because they haven't been told.

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'd probably say it's just due to the fact that the staff aren't experienced when it comes to Micro Sims. They always look at me funny if I ask in store about them. There getting wrong information given to them and i'd say some actually think that you can't transfer a number to a sim with an assigned USSID. Just because they haven't been told.
    Well the staff in Wexford must be all trained first, as everyone in store at the time (3-4 different staff) knew exactly what I wanted and were able to do it for me without a problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deano_rich

kceire wrote: »
    ok guys, update - Meteor cannot swap my numer to the micro sim as the micro sim has an assigned number to it. seemly its not so simple as a standard sim replacement.

guess i'll just wait for the blank ones to be released.

Was it the store or customer care that told you that Kceire?

I got a micro sim with a number on it on tuesday from Meteor Omni and they told me it would be 48hours before my number switched over? :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

deano_rich wrote: »
    Was it the store or customer care that told you that Kceire?

I got a micro sim with a number on it on tuesday from Meteor Omni and they told me it would be 48hours before my number switched over? :mad:

i got mine from omni too.

one of the Meteor Forum Mods rang me directly to rell me a sim swap cannot be done to an assigned micro sim, i know it probably can be done if they jump through the loop holes but im not bothered tbh.

he has assured me i will have one in the post on the 25th August.

to the guys planning on cutting your old sims, make sure yis upgrade to the new 128k sims first, just to ensure you get the full service etc.

my dads Nokia E52 wouldnt even run properly on a 68k sim card, dropping calls etc etc until he sim swapped to a 128k version.

• Advertisement

i got mine from omni too.

one of the Meteor Forum Mods rang me directly to rell me a sim swap cannot be done to an assigned micro sim, i know it probably can be done if they jump through the loop holes but im not bothered tbh.

he has assured me i will have one in the post on the 25th August.

to the guys planning on cutting your old sims, make sure yis upgrade to the new 128k sims first, just to ensure you get the full service etc.

my dads Nokia E52 wouldnt even run properly on a 68k sim card, dropping calls etc etc until he sim swapped to a 128k version.

Ah damn. Maybe i'll recieve a call from one of them too because it's been two days already...

I'm not sure what sim I have although when I was cutting my sim out to the template the had on the net, the metal part is alot bigger than the ones shown. My sim is about 5 years old, and it only displays about 2-3bars on my iphone on meteor, could this be a 64k sim?

deano_rich wrote: »
    Ah damn. Maybe i'll recieve a call from one of them too because it's been two days already...

I'm not sure what sim I have although when I was cutting my sim out to the template the had on the net, the metal part is alot bigger than the ones shown. My sim is about 5 years old, and it only displays about 2-3bars on my iphone on meteor, could this be a 64k sim?

possibly, when i cut my sim to fit the iPhone 4 i had the complete metal bit available, i didnt have to trim any metal at all and theres still a little bit of plastic surrounding the metal contact bit, so they must be smaller on the newer sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Can you just get a micro-sim of meteor now with a new number.then on the 25th just switch your original sim to a blank micro sim

Can you just get a micro-sim of meteor now with a new number.then on the 25th just switch your original sim to a blank micro sim

Yeah the Meteor staff member on the forums said that they should be available in stores now. So ya could always do that until you got your proper Micro Sim.

yep, although im not sure if their PAYG or Bill Pay thats currently in stores.

• Advertisement

yep, although im not sure if their PAYG or Bill Pay thats currently in stores.

Catriona said that they have Ready To Go ones available with pre assigned numbers a few posts back on the Meteor forums mate.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Catriona said that they have Ready To Go ones available with pre assigned numbers a few posts back on the Meteor forums mate.

cool so, then yeah just go in and get one for a week or so!

Has anyone got Facetime working with Meteor? If so, are you using a factory unlocked or ultrasn0w'd device?

I'm using an ultrasn0w unlocked ip4 and am getting the infamous "waiting for activation" message forever

Has anyone got Facetime working with Meteor? If so, are you using a factory unlocked or ultrasn0w'd device?

I'm using an ultrasn0w unlocked ip4 and am getting the infamous "waiting for activation" message forever

isint the facetime wifi/iphone 4 dependent?
    should it matter what network your on?

curious as ive never tried it yet!

isint the facetime wifi/iphone 4 dependent?
    should it matter what network your on?

curious as ive never tried it yet!
    That's what I thought, I tried it with another iPhone 4 user over wifi, both ultrasn0w unlocked and it failed :/

That's what I thought, I tried it with another iPhone 4 user over wifi, both ultrasn0w unlocked and it failed :/

maybe you tube has a video?

apparantly "pushfix", the same guy who wrote the hacktivation patch, is developing a fix for it and it should be released in a few days.

Blank microsims won't be in till Friday now

Blank microsims won't be in till Friday now

Yeah Meteor have said the 27th now..

I got my number transferred onto a micro sim yesterday :D Got it done in Meteor Omni and only took a couple of hours. They gave me a micro sim with a number on it already and transferred my number onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

We have 2 iPhones here jailbroke and unlocked with meteor now one FaceTime is working fine and the other no matter what o do cannot get it working.

• Advertisement

fox007 wrote: »
    We have 2 iPhones here jailbroke and unlocked with meteor now one FaceTime is working fine and the other no matter what o do cannot get it working.
    Does the one that is working have my Carrier Bundle installed?

Does the one that is working have my Carrier Bundle installed?

No I activated it with a vf sim then took it out stuck the meteor one in but tried the same thing with the other phone but it did not work so going to try ur setting in a while hope it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

No I activated it with a vf sim then took it out stuck the meteor one in but tried the same thing with the other phone but it did not work so going to try ur setting in a while hope it works!

any update on this fox007?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Replacement sims hit stores today.

dmn wrote: »
    any update on this fox007?

Sorry I updated on the meteor sticky.I ssh the meteor carrier bundles but still getting the waiting for activation message and cannot send mms! So save your self the hassle just enter the apn etc etc manually.it seems there is a load of people having this same problem it's the "cannot connect to YouTube" of the iPhone 4! I hope someone on cydia can sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

Sorry I updated on the meteor sticky.I ssh the meteor carrier bundles but still getting the waiting for activation message and cannot send mms! So save your self the hassle just enter the apn etc etc manually.it seems there is a load of people having this same problem it's the "cannot connect to YouTube" of the iPhone 4! I hope someone on cydia can sort it

have you tried mitime? its supposed to work, but doesnt for me :? check it out at www.mitime.info. i have bought the credits to activate it and used two and im still having errors. loads of other people have it working straight away. but hes releasing a new version tonight so hopefully that will sort mine out

chrislad wrote: »
    Replacement sims hit stores today.

Was in meteor on henry st was told the end of the month,this is getting a joke now

dmn wrote: »
    have you tried mitime? its supposed to work, but doesnt for me :? check it out at www.mitime.info. i have bought the credits to activate it and used two and im still having errors. loads of other people have it working straight away. but hes releasing a new version tonight so hopefully that will sort mine out

Tried it there but will have to wait until the new release," New sales are suspended until a new version of the app comes out."

How do you pay for the app and how much was it?

That "cannot connect to youtube" problem was meant to be fixed in a cydia update, are you fully up to date? you could try add the source http://cydia.pushfix.info/ and install his youtube fix.

As for Facetime, I still haven't been able to get it working :/ Haven't tried MiTime yet though

• Advertisement

You want a normal meteor mobile phone sim and cut it down as the micro sims are for the iPads if I remember.

Advertisement