Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 Meteor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

That's what I'm using a cut down sim. I don't have a paypal account can I put money into pay pal with a laser card?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

fox007 wrote: »
    That's what I'm using a cut down sim. I don't have a paypal account can I put money into pay pal with a laser card?
    Nope has to be a credit card :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Jak pm me your mobile number I want to test mms it's saying there sending but the other iPhone is not receiving them

fox007 wrote: »
    Jak pm me your mobile number I want to test mms it's saying there sending but the other iPhone is not receiving them
    Please check the meteor sticky for more info :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

chrislad wrote: »
    Replacement sims hit stores today.

still none in Meteor Omni as of Saturday 28th :mad:

• Advertisement

You want a normal meteor mobile phone sim and cut it down as the micro sims are for the iPads if I remember.

Micro sims will be available for phones too this week some time........

Got my micro sim from the north earl street store today. They had a small envelope of replacement sims and knew exactly what I wanted when I asked.

Has anybody noticed an increase of 3G signal with the new micro sim, I seem to have 3G more now?

Also when it was inserted i got a pop up saying I may be charged for face time activation.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

kceire wrote: »
    Got my micro sim from the north earl street store today. They had a small envelope of replacement sims and knew exactly what I wanted when I asked.

Has anybody noticed an increase of 3G signal with the new micro sim, I seem to have 3G more now?

Also when it was inserted i got a pop up saying I may be charged for face time activation.

Was it PAYG or Bill pay

Was it PAYG or Bill pay

im Bill Pay but it shouldnt make a difference as the replacement sims are blank and have no numbers attached to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

Just to confirm cause I've been hearing some mixed reports off people. (albeit, some clueless people) After buying a factory unlocked iPhone 4 from Apple, porting your meteor number to a meteor micro sim, if you just pop it in the phone it will activate fine but there are still some issues with facetime and mms? Is that pretty much the latest?

• Advertisement

Just to confirm cause I've been hearing some mixed reports off people. (albeit, some clueless people) After buying a factory unlocked iPhone 4 from Apple, porting your meteor number to a meteor micro sim, if you just pop it in the phone it will activate fine but there are still some issues with facetime and mms? Is that pretty much the latest?
    Pretty much. Although MMS should be fine. FT will not activate yet though, there is a fix on the way for jailbroken users (MiTime) that will cost about €6. This should be expected sometime this week

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Pretty much. Although MMS should be fine. FT will not activate yet though, there is a fix on the way for jailbroken users (MiTime) that will cost about €6. This should be expected sometime this week

Is the facetime issue not to do with the fact that when you insert your new iphone 4 it is restoring from the most recent back up you have made on your computer? The most recent back up being from a 3g or 3gs etc and having no facetime capabilities. I heard ( have never tried) that this can be fixed. Played around with the iPhone 4 quite a bit, like it alot. How are you finding it on Meteor (signal etc)?

Is the facetime issue not to do with the fact that when you insert your new iphone 4 it is restoring from the most recent back up you have made on your computer? The most recent back up being from a 3g or 3gs etc and having no facetime capabilities. I heard ( have never tried) that this can be fixed. Played around with the iPhone 4 quite a bit, like it alot. How are you finding it on Meteor (signal etc)?
    Well I set my iPhone 4 up as a new iPhone (did not restore from backup as it causes battery issues) and FaceTime still does not work.

I had a 3GS before this, an places where I had no coverage before I find that i have coverage now. Maybe it is just my imagination but i find it to have a stronger signal than before (getting 3G where I used to get edge etc)

Overall I love it anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wwonka14

hey lads...

i bought an iphone 4 last saturday pre-loaded with iOS 4.0.2 and it seems to be unlocked as i've tried both vodafone and o2 and it worked. yesterday i got my meteor replacement micro sim (pre-pay) but the moment I sync my iphone to itunes it says the carrier is not supported. any advice how this can be fixed? Thanks in advance for your replies.

wwonka14 wrote: »
    hey lads...

i bought an iphone 4 last saturday pre-loaded with iOS 4.0.2 and it seems to be unlocked as i've tried both vodafone and o2 and it worked. yesterday i got my meteor replacement micro sim (pre-pay) but the moment I sync my iphone to itunes it says the carrier is not supported. any advice how this can be fixed? Thanks in advance for your replies.
    Same thing with my iPhone. Apple tell me it is unlocked to supported carriers(o2, vodafone, 3)

Where did u get it?

Same thing with my iPhone. Apple tell me it is unlocked to supported carriers(o2, vodafone, 3)

Where did u get it?

But your iPhone works with Meteor, at least I thought it did.

But your iPhone works with Meteor, at least I thought it did.
    Yeah but only because I jailbroke it and unlocked it with ultrasn0w and hacktivation patch

Yeah but only because I jailbroke it and unlocked it with ultrasn0w and hacktivation patch

Interesting. I know a couple of people who have just inserted the sim in and it worked fine. I didn't realise the only way to get a metoer sim working in it was to jailbreak and use a patch. The phone isn't really 'sim free' then is it.

Interesting. I know a couple of people who have just inserted the sim in and it worked fine. I didn't realise the only way to get a metoer sim working in it was to jailbreak and use a patch. The phone isn't really 'sim free' then is it.
    Where did u get the iPhone?

Where did u get the iPhone?

I don't have an iPhone 4 but a friend of mine bought it straight off the apple website and I know it's not jailbroken.

• Advertisement

bought my iphone in vodafone dundrum. As i've mentioned earlier it's pre-loaded with iOS 4.0.2. There's no jailbreak for that version so I'm still waiting. Currently i'm using an O2 number since I can't use my meteor micro sim.

bought my iphone in vodafone dundrum. As i've mentioned earlier it's pre-loaded with iOS 4.0.2. There's no jailbreak for that version so I'm still waiting. Currently i'm using an O2 number since I can't use my meteor micro sim.
    Really? You bought it from vodafone yet it's unlocked to o2? Very strange. Have you tried a 3 sim?

And it's definitely unlocked to all networks? Their won't be a jailbreak for 4.0.2, the next one hopefully will be for iOS 4.1. You might as well update to 4.1 and see if that helps, otherwise your just gonna have to wait for a new jailbreak or maybe someone knows of a solution.

I'm actually really confused now, you bought it from Vodafone but it works with O2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

The phone is unlocked, my iphone 4 was the same, works with a meteor simcard but as soon as you use/sync it with itunes it wont work, thats because meteor dont carry settings etc for iphones as they dont sell them AND from what i hear dont plan on it anytime soon either, this is why i went down and switched to vodafone

Really? You bought it from vodafone yet it's unlocked to o2? Very strange. Have you tried a 3 sim?
    Nope. Haven't tried 3. I assumed it's unlocked since it worked for o2. I'll try to get a 3 sim and see how it goes. I phoned meteor cust care and they advised me to contact apple.
    And it's definitely unlocked to all networks? Their won't be a jailbreak for 4.0.2, the next one hopefully will be for iOS 4.1. You might as well update to 4.1 and see if that helps, otherwise your just gonna have to wait for a new jailbreak or maybe someone knows of a solution.
    I'm considering switching to o2. I asked an o2 representative yesterday and he told me that you can switch switch from metoer to o2 with a 10 euro fee for the micro sim. I'll update to 4.1 some other time.

Thanks for your replies though. Really appreciate it.

Just to be clear, here's the summary:

I bought iphone in vodaphone.
    1. I used a vodaphone micro sim and it worked.
    2. I used a chopped up 02 sim and it worked.
    3.I used a metoer micro sim and itunes tell me that the carrier is not supported.

Nope. Haven't tried 3. I assumed it's unlocked since it worked for o2. I'll try to get a 3 sim and see how it goes. I phoned meteor cust care and they advised me to contact apple.

I'm considering switching to o2. I asked an o2 representative yesterday and he told me that you can switch switch from metoer to o2 with a 10 euro fee for the micro sim. I'll update to 4.1 some other time.

Thanks for your replies though. Really appreciate it.
    It's probably not fully unlocked as it wont work with meteor - maybe just unlocked to supported carriers like mine. Maybe all iPhone 4's are unlocked to supported carriers??

It's probably not fully unlocked as it wont work with meteor - maybe just unlocked to supported carriers like mine. Maybe all iPhone 4's are unlocked to supported carriers??

Did you buy yours from the apple store? I really don't get how the O2 sim card worked at all, it's messed up my phone belief system!

Did you buy yours from the apple store? I really don't get how the O2 sim card worked at all, it's messed up my phone belief system!
    I bought mine from a seller on gumtree. He told me he bought it from apple store but as it is not fully unlocked that's not true. So I have no idea where it came from to be honest!

So has anyone bought an iPhone 4 from the apple store and used a meteor micro sim that worked straight away?

• Advertisement

So has anyone bought an iPhone 4 from the apple store and used a meteor micro sim that worked straight away?

Yes, bought myactory unlocked fom the apple store and I never got th carrier message problem.

Worked straight out of the box with my meteor sim in it.

Advertisement