Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 Meteor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

kceire wrote: »
    im on Bill Pay Smart Lite 30
    200 any network mins
    200 any network texts
    free met-met calls and texts
    1gb data

me personally, i never ever get near the 1gb of data per month, the most i'd use use is approx 200mb but everybody is different.
    i have laptop at home and wifi so most of my browsing is in work or while out and about.

Im on prepay Meteor and I want to move to the Bill pay lite. Is the free meteor text and calls only for new meteor customers or is it for anyone who goes to that plan?

Cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

brennarr wrote: »
    Im on prepay Meteor and I want to move to the Bill pay lite. Is the free meteor text and calls only for new meteor customers or is it for anyone who goes to that plan?

Cheers

yes i think so, i just signed up online and requested a new number.
    then wehnt he new sim came in the post with the number i done a number swap from my PAYG to my new bill pay account.

very easy to do and was sorted with one phone call.

took 2 days to activate but i was told this from the start.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

brennarr wrote: »

Cheers

Bill pay lite is a totally different package to Smart lite, just so as you know. There is no data included on bill pay lite, also existing customers may have hassle trying to avail of the free meteor calls and texts on the smart lite plan, but persist and be asked to put through to the cancellations dept and they usually add it then rather than let you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Bill pay lite is a totally different package to Smart lite, just so as you know. There is no data included on bill pay lite, also existing customers may have hassle trying to avail of the free meteor calls and texts on the smart lite plan, but persist and be asked to put through to the cancellations dept and they usually add it then rather than let you leave.

Or just sign up in a Meteor store! :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

chrislad wrote: »
    Or just sign up in a Meteor store! :)
    Not that straight forward, a mate of mine only last weekend went in to local meteor store to try and switch from bill pay lite to Smart 30, they refused to give him free meteor calls and texts, told him he'd have to ring up and talk with CS, he eventually got them but only by calling through to the cancellations dept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That's different. The person who asked the question was moving from Prepay to Postpay. The systems used for changing tariffs and signing up to Bill Pay are different. The Retention dept would have to add the promo in the event of a change of tariff.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

This thread really moved away from using iPhone 4 on Meteor! It has, on the other hand, made me consider switching my Meteor call plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

has anybody done this yet? i want to keep my own number. or also any good or bad reviews on iphone 4? thanks for any help or advice in advance ;):D

talkin wrote: »
    has anybody done this yet? i want to keep my own number. or also any good or bad reviews on iphone 4? thanks for any help or advice in advance ;):D

if you read back through th thread, theres loads of us that have swapped and are happy :D

Go for it, works fine.The hardest part is finding a blank meteor micro sim.

• Advertisement

thanks for replying :) after posting i read back along n seen the answers i was looking for! ordered it yesterday--three weeks such a long time to wait. hope il be able to get the micro sim then. happy with my pay as you go meteor n really dont wanto change my number

thanks for replying :) after posting i read back along n seen the answers i was looking for! ordered it yesterday--three weeks such a long time to wait. hope il be able to get the micro sim then. happy with my pay as you go meteor n really dont wanto change my number

just call into any Meteor store and pick up a blank replacement micro Sim and throw it in your srawer at home. that way when you your new iPhone, you have a micro sim ready to pop in, just ring customer Care and do a sim swap.

i just rang Meteor Grafton street as i need one for my GF's iPhone 4 and they have some up there now. im gona pick one up later.

wow very good idea. wouldnt have thought i could do that! i'm like a child at xmas looking forward to my new toy!! i keep telling myself its an investment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

kceire wrote: »
    just call into any Meteor store and pick up a blank replacement micro Sim and throw it in your srawer at home. that way when you your new iPhone, you have a micro sim ready to pop in, just ring customer Care and do a sim swap.

i just rang Meteor Grafton street as i need one for my GF's iPhone 4 and they have some up there now. im gona pick one up later.

You seem the be the Man to speak to about Meteor and Iphones..:D

Ordered mine last week, so it wont be here till the 15th of October, But going by your last post, what your saying is, i can go into the Meteor shop in wexford(As they have them in stock there) get one, and then just keep it for when my phone arrives..

So does that Mean my Number will be on it waiting to go, and i can still use my OLD sim card, or does the Old sim card go out of commission once i switch my Number over to the Mirco Sim..

The Lad in the meteor shop told me it could take between 24-48 hours for the Micro sim to Activate..

bigron2109 wrote: »
    You seem the be the Man to speak to about Meteor and Iphones..:D

Ordered mine last week, so it wont be here till the 15th of October, But going by your last post, what your saying is, i can go into the Meteor shop in wexford(As they have them in stock there) get one, and then just keep it for when my phone arrives..

So does that Mean my Number will be on it waiting to go, and i can still use my OLD sim card, or does the Old sim card go out of commission once i switch my Number over to the Mirco Sim..

The Lad in the meteor shop told me it could take between 24-48 hours for the Micro sim to Activate..
    no you just keep the micro card so ul have it and than ring up and transfer it over when you get the phone but once u activate the new micro sim your old normal sim wont work

but it is a very smart idea to have it waiting instead of waiting last minute or untill phone arrives and than realising ul have to wait another 3weeks for meteor to have micro sims available. than once iphone arrives just ring up meteor ask them to transfer my number and all is good :D

no you just keep the micro card so ul have it and than ring up and transfer it over when you get the phone but once u activate the new micro sim your old normal sim wont work

I re-read his orginal post after i posted and then i copped on..Silly Me..:D

Does any one have a idea of how long it takes for you number to switch over to a blank one of these???Is it really 48 hours???

thats what the experts say!!:D

did anybody receive there iphone before the time stated by apple,,i want it now-three weeks :( such a long time

Does any one have a idea of how long it takes for you number to switch over to a blank one of these???Is it really 48 hours???

No, I don't know why some of the staff say that. It takes less than a minute, it is essentially instant.

Getting a blank sim now is great advice, obviously don't swap it over till you get your phone.

• Advertisement

did anybody receive there iphone before the time stated by apple,,i want it now-three weeks :( such a long time

One day less.

mine transferred over in less than hour.

lol!!! yayy one day woo. haha thanks for reply

Thanx Lads for the Replies...

Kceire, how do you find the Bill Pay with Metoer..Thinking of going on the 30 euro a month, with Free calls and Texts to other Metoer(I need that more than anything as all my friends and family are on this) and The 1 gig off Internet Usage..

Have you had a any problems with them over it??

went to my local meteor store and they dont have blank micro sims only the new number sims :(

went to my local meteor store and they dont have blank micro sims only the new number sims :(

Not gonna lie to you, your gonna have to go a bit and beyond for this one. The blank micro sims are really difficult to get. Shops get them in but they are gone in a few hours. Your gonna have to ring around town (North Earl Street, Ilac, Grafton etc) as well as your local branch. There isn't one place that gets them more than other, just keep ringing different places every day.

Not gonna lie to you, your gonna have to go a bit and beyond for this one. The blank micro sims are really difficult to get. Shops get them in but they are gone in a few hours. Your gonna have to ring around town (North Earl Street, Ilac, Grafton etc) as well as your local branch. There isn't one place that gets them more than other, just keep ringing different places every day.
    do you think if i changed to bill pay id be able to keep my own number

do you think if i changed to bill pay id be able to keep my own number

Your gonna be able to keep your own number irrespective of whether you are bill pay or pay as you go. You just need to get your hands on a blank micro sim. That's the only hard part. After that, when your phone arrives, walk into any meteor store or ring up customer care and ask for your number to be switched to the micro sim. It should be instantaneous. After that, put the sim in the phone, connect it to iTunes. That's it. Get the mms and 3g settings for meteor from the thread here on boards that jakmeehan started and you don't need anything else.

Thanx Lads for the Replies...

Kceire, how do you find the Bill Pay with Metoer..Thinking of going on the 30 euro a month, with Free calls and Texts to other Metoer(I need that more than anything as all my friends and family are on this) and The 1 gig off Internet Usage..

Have you had a any problems with them over it??

no problems what so ever!
    i have never gone over my minutes, and the free met-met is great as loads of my mates and family are meteor too!

only thing is, to get the free calls, it wasnt available to existing PAYG customers at the time so i had to get a new number then swap my PAYG number to the new bill pay number.

data is fine, i never go over 250-300mb per month and i use it every day, email, push notifications etc etc are all on.
    now i do have a laptop at home and wifi so my phone is only a go between when im out and that.

for the first month you may wana monitor it to make sure your not approaching your limit, but imo you should be fine.

Grafton Street had some today, i got 2 there at lunch time.

• Advertisement

i think getting the micro sim will be impossilbe!! asked the girl in shop and she said to contact customer care but i know they'l send me back to the shop... i know iv three weeks though. i could try cutting down my sim but id say that'd be fairly tricky!:)

Advertisement