Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 Meteor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

talkin wrote: »
    did anybody receive there iphone before the time stated by apple,,i want it now-three weeks :( such a long time

My bird ordered her iPhone 4 and she got hers today (a week earlier than the expected date) and i've seen one or two people who said they got theirs a week earlier who ordered on different dates. So don't hold me to it but it might only take two weeks.
    i think getting the micro sim will be impossilbe!! asked the girl in shop and she said to contact customer care but i know they'l send me back to the shop... i know iv three weeks though. i could try cutting down my sim but id say that'd be fairly tricky!:)

Plus she lives in Coolock and got her number changed over to a Microsim today in the Omni. Hope this helps you out mate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i think getting the micro sim will be impossilbe!! asked the girl in shop and she said to contact customer care but i know they'l send me back to the shop... i know iv three weeks though. i could try cutting down my sim but id say that'd be fairly tricky!:)

alot easier than you think, i done it to mine before the micro sims were released by Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

DubDJ wrote: »
    My bird ordered her iPhone 4 and she got hers today (a week earlier than the expected date) and i've seen one or two people who said they got theirs a week earlier who ordered on different dates. So don't hold me to it but it might only take two weeks.

Plus she lives in Coolock and got her number changed over to a Microsim today in the Omni. Hope this helps you out mate.

a week early wow! that'd be gr8,il keep telling myself three weeks though cuz known my luck mine will be a week late :rolleyes: im all the way at the other side of the country so coolocks a bit far a way but thanks :D

kceire wrote: »
    alot easier than you think, i done it to mine before the micro sims were released by Meteor.

if it comes down to it il do it,there are micro sim cutters out there but it just seems like a waste of money its not every month il need to be cutting a sim it'l be a once off!;)

if it comes down to it il do it,there are micro sim cutters out there but it just seems like a waste of money its not every month il need to be cutting a sim it'l be a once off!;)

shouldnt cost you anything, except the cost of an A4 page that is :D
    print this out at 100% and double check sizes before you cut out!

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    shouldnt cost you anything, except the cost of an A4 page that is :D
    print this out at 100% and double check sizes before you cut out!
    ok...thank you!!! that is so helpfull i wont do it now though cuz than id have no sim card,,:o just my mini sim n no iphone! :)

ok...thank you!!! that is so helpfull i wont do it now though cuz than id have no sim card,,:o just my mini sim n no iphone! :)

Make sure you do it during the Meteor opening hours in case you mess up so you can get a replacement. Dont wanna get stuck with no sim at all.

Make sure you do it during the Meteor opening hours in case you mess up so you can get a replacement. Dont wanna get stuck with no sim at all.

+1

cant stress this enough.
    then order a micro sim adopter for emergencies or when you dont want to bring your iPhone out, so you can revert back to your trusty Nokia 6300 that would survive a nuclear blast :D

more great advice!!thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

And make sure that there is a micro sim in the package, not an ordinary sim.

Guess how I know you should check!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

And make sure that there is a micro sim in the package, not an ordinary sim.

Guess how I know you should check!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

+1 on that!!!!!!!! Was half way home before I realised they had given me a normal sim. "Oh they're all in the same envelope". That is the worst storage system ever!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Lads just wondering, whats the signal like on Meteor on the Iphone 4..I live in the Bermuda triangle in Wexford out in the country so im abit worried..

But i can get signal on my Normal phone no problem,and my O2 dongle can pick up the internet no problem either..

Any one any Experience using the Iphone 4 in Wexford..

Only 2 weeks more to wait...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Lads just wondering, whats the signal like on Meteor on the Iphone 4..I live in the Bermuda triangle in Wexford out in the country so im abit worried..

But i can get signal on my Normal phone no problem,and my O2 dongle can pick up the internet no problem either..

Where abouts in Wexford are you?

other people cant answer that question, only you.
    i have constant 3G signal here in dublin, but thats no use to you :P

your best bet is to get a free meteor PAYG sim and try it out in your phone for a few weeks to see if the signal levels are ok, it makes no difference if your running an iPhone 4 or a Nokia 6100, if the signal is bad, the signal is bad!

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Where abouts in Wexford are you?

Out by our ladys island way....

is there no fm tuner on iphone 4?

is there no fm tuner on iphone 4?

Nope there isnt...

Got my micro sim today from the Manger of Meteor in Wexford..Sound chap...

Nope there isnt...

aw lucky u,iv still no luck with getting one! bummer bout the fm tuner!

is the iphone 4 the iphone4g? or is that a newer version

Slightly off topic but relevent to the post.
    Just a question to anybody whose changed to the Meteor Bill Pay Smart Lite plan. I changed over today and it's all sorted. But the bloke said it takes up to 5 days to get the Free Meteor Calls & Texts. Anybody who changed over could you tell me if it takes the 5 days or is that just a maximum time???
    Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Slightly off topic but relevent to the post.
    Just a question to anybody whose changed to the Meteor Bill Pay Smart Lite plan. I changed over today and it's all sorted. But the bloke said it takes up to 5 days to get the Free Meteor Calls & Texts. Anybody who changed over could you tell me if it takes the 5 days or is that just a maximum time???
    Thanks,

Maximum time. Could be done in one day, but at most, 5.

is the iphone 4 the iphone4g? or is that a newer version

there is no iPhone 4G, its just the iPhone 4.

Out by our ladys island way....
    Wouldn't be out there much but I cant think of anytime I was without signal around there!

Nope there isnt...

I've gotten a couple of micro sims from wexford Meteor and know of a few people who have too. They are sound out there!!

Anyone lookin for a microsim in the SE, Meteor wexford seem to have a constant stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I got a blank micro sim in Athlone Sunday, they seem to have plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 macross

Hi guys, haven't had much time to do any research but it's my boyfriend's birthday on Friday and was going to get him an iphone 4. He wants to stay with meteor though so I was going to buy an unlocked phone from the apple shop. Just wondering do I need to contact meteor first? Order a new sim?? Little confused, would hate to give it to him and then spend a few days before we can get it up and running. Any ideas? And what is this about a microsim?? Any help you can give me would be great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

macross wrote: »
    Hi guys, haven't had much time to do any research but it's my boyfriend's birthday on Friday and was going to get him an iphone 4. He wants to stay with meteor though so I was going to buy an unlocked phone from the apple shop. Just wondering do I need to contact meteor first? Order a new sim?? Little confused, would hate to give it to him and then spend a few days before we can get it up and running. Any ideas? And what is this about a microsim?? Any help you can give me would be great!!

You wont have it by Friday. No need to contact Meteor first. No need to order a new sim but when you get the iphone you will need either to cut your existing Meteor sim to fit into the iphone 4 or exchange your existing sim for a micro sim. iPhone doesn't take normal sized sims, it only takes a micro sim

macross wrote: »

should of done some research :p

3 week waiting list from the apple site, best bet to have one by Friday is second hand or brand new from www.adverts.ie

no harm getting a blank micro sim anytime your passing a meteor store so you have one ready for when the phone comes.

ps - your a great girlfriend, €600 for a birthday present:eek:
    i wish it was my birthday now :(

called into a different meteor store today and the girl in there said it is possible to transfer my number onto a preassigned number micro sim! if you get what im saying... she said i just get her to put my number on that sim when the phone arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭aoife_bennett

so is it possible to get it on meteor?? you're only 18 once. . . .:cool:

Advertisement