Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 Meteor

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

how much mobile internet would i need on my iphone 4,, thinking of changing to bill pay now but wondering what happens after the 12 months of free meteor to meteor calls and texts,,does anybody on here know?? stilll waiting on my iphone. i cant decide if i should stick with pre pay and the 50mb for 99c,,or the 1gb in the bill pay? also the video calling can you do that with meteor. i can do it at the mo but does it work with the iphone4. is meteor as good as the other networks on the iphone 4. lots of questions i know.. sorry and thanks in advance

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

so is it possible to get it on meteor?? you're only 18 once. . . .:cool:

buy sim free from apple or adverts and then just pop your meteor micro sim in.
    cant buy directly from meteor at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

are meteor doing mini sims, or are people forced to still cut normal sims?

thanks

sonic.trip wrote: »
    are meteor doing mini sims, or are people forced to still cut normal sims?

thanks

Meteor have been doing Micro Sims a month or 2 now.
    just collect in store for free.

picked up mine in late August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Quick question...

A mate rang Meteor to ask how long was left on his contract as he wanted to port to another network to get an iPhone. The bloke put him on hold and came back and said that he thought he could offer him an iPhone 4 (but wasn't sure as a supervisor was away) as an upgrade if he stayed (and signed a new contract). He was surprised by this as he had thought he Meteor didn't carry it but he wants to move to Vodafone anyway as all of his family/his missus are on Vodafone.

Was the bloke talking out of turn or has anyone heard of Meteor offering the iPhone 4 to longstanding customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,566 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

brophs wrote: »
    Quick question...

A mate rang Meteor to ask how long was left on his contract as he wanted to port to another network to get an iPhone. The bloke put him on hold and came back and said that he thought he could offer him an iPhone 4 (but wasn't sure as a supervisor was away) as an upgrade if he stayed (and signed a new contract). He was surprised by this as he had thought he Meteor didn't carry it but he wants to move to Vodafone anyway as all of his family/his missus are on Vodafone.

Was the bloke talking out of turn or has anyone heard of Meteor offering the iPhone 4 to longstanding customers?

it is not unheard of a carrier to offer you a phone that they don't usually sell if you are a extremely good customer.

3 done it with the iphone 3G S, no reason why meteor won't do it with iPhone 4.

brophs wrote: »
    Quick question...

very possible, Meteor offered iPhone 3Gs's a while back, just before the 4 came out to big spending customers as an incentive to stay with them for another 12 months.

i tried and tried to get one but i couldnt, i explored all avenues but my spend wasny high enough to put it simply.

havent heard of it in a while, but it is possible that they are offerening them, not fro free mind you, maybe a relatively small price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Just go my iphone 4 yesterday and ive been looking at my bill on line..Every 20 minutes are so 13kb is added to my usauge thing.No im not on the internet so what can it be??

Is there any way just to knock the internet off totally and switch it back on as you need it..

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Just go my iphone 4 yesterday and ive been looking at my bill on line..Every 20 minutes are so 13kb is added to my usauge thing.No im not on the internet so what can it be??

Is there any way just to knock the internet off totally and switch it back on as you need it..

it uses data all the time, thats the thing with smart phones, did you look into this before you bought? you really should have a data plan to be honest.

anyway, if you have no data plan and want to turn the internet off then you simply turn the data off.

or change the APN settings, which you would of have to inputed manually since Meteor dont support the iPhone.

Settings - General - Network - Mobile Data - Switch to OFF

kceire wrote: »
    it uses data all the time, thats the thing with smart phones, did you look into this before you bought? you really should have a data plan to be honest.

anyway, if you have no data plan and want to turn the internet off then you simply turn the data off.

or change the APN settings, which you would of have to inputed manually since Meteor dont support the iPhone.

Settings - General - Network - Mobile Data - Switch to OFF

Yeah i have a Data plan, 1 gig a month, but because i only signed up yesterday some of my data was gone already, because its going to reset at the start of November, as i signed up in the middle of the month..Like i didnt get my 200 free minutes or texts, i got 135 free minutes and 135 free texts..

Im just abit worried about the data all adding up, as ive never had a smart phone before, and i dont want to get a huge bill..Thats why i was asking how do you turn it off...Like im on my laptop most of the day, so the internet on the phone wouldnt be needed, only if im out and about really..Hope that makes sense..

But thanx for your help AGAIN...You should be a mod on this part of the site..Very helpful..Thank you..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

Don't worry, there is absolutely no way you will use 1 gig a month. I'm on Meteor PAYG and get 250MB a month with a €20 Topup and I never even get close to using it all up, and I browse the net on my phone every day. The only things that would eat up your allowance would be YouTube and downloading big apps.

Yeah i have a Data plan, 1 gig a month, but because i only signed up yesterday some of my data was gone already, because its going to reset at the start of November, as i signed up in the middle of the month..Like i didnt get my 200 free minutes or texts, i got 135 free minutes and 135 free texts..

Im just abit worried about the data all adding up, as ive never had a smart phone before, and i dont want to get a huge bill..Thats why i was asking how do you turn it off...Like im on my laptop most of the day, so the internet on the phone wouldnt be needed, only if im out and about really..Hope that makes sense..

But thanx for your help AGAIN...You should be a mod on this part of the site..Very helpful..Thank you..

dont worry about it, when you log in, whats your remaining data and when does it roll over?
    i currently have 1gb per month and i have never once hit 500mb, i think i normally only use about 300mb per month to be honest.

but your right to keep an eye on it for the first few days, yo dont want to go over your allowance as the costs are high, but you shouldnt, just enjoy it :D

Folks just wondering, if you send a picture message to another meteor, and you have free calls and texts to them on your Iphone 4, is the message free, or does it come out of your text bundle, or are you charged for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Folks just wondering, if you send a picture message to another meteor, and you have free calls and texts to them on your Iphone 4, is the message free, or does it come out of your text bundle, or are you charged for it.
    You are charged for mms always, no matter what network it's to.

Advertisement