Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet - Loughrea

Options
  • 12-08-2010 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Can someone please recommend a good vet in Loughrea please (for small dogs)? We have a vet in Galway but if we ever need a vet in emergency (hopefully not!) I want to register with one in town. I think there are just two vets in Loughrea.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Sue85

Hi
    I think Smiths (Railway Vet Clinic) is probably the best. The female vet Megan is great with small animals so you could ask for her.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thanks Sue! Do they have a shop or just a vet surgery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Definitely ask for Megan she is really nice, I always found her much more patient and a better 'bedside manner' than Jim Smith himself.

Yes I agree with the above comment megan has more patience ;)
    They have some food (Hills I think) and a small range of beds and products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I would never ever go to her again, she cost me the life of TWO dogs, so no, I would not recommend her.

• Advertisement

EGAR wrote: »
    I would never ever go to her again, she cost me the life of TWO dogs, so no, I would not recommend her.

Oh my I am very sorry to here that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

What happened?

Oh crap, thats horrible sorry to hear that. Have you any experience of Murphys?

I called to both yesterday to ask about dog food and the woman in Murphys was far nicer and more helpful than Smiths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I'll phone you tonight.

Hey Sarah,

I can call you tomorrow, you save your credit for rescue stuff!

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement