Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mustaine's autobiography

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Bibs wrote: »
    Looks decent, and the not the usual Joel Mckiver ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I wonder how many times he mentions Metallica

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Gerard.C wrote: »

According to someone i know who's read it it's quite a bit! I'm gonna buy it myself,should be a good read. Gonna check out Steven Adlers book first though,should be interesting!

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/14872312/My-Appetite-For-Destruction-Sex-and-Drugs-and-Guns-n-Roses/Product.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bibs

Gerard.C wrote: »

Apparently the first two words of the book are 'james Hetfield' :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I want to check it out, but there is a serious lack of cash at the moment :( . I wonder if it was actually written by mustaine or a ghost writer. I know most rock books are done by a ghost writer but you never know with Mustaine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Patricide wrote: »
    I want to check it out, but there is a serious lack of cash at the moment :( . I wonder if it was actually written by mustaine or a ghost writer. I know most rock books are done by a ghost writer but you never know with Mustaine.

I read somewhere that he wrote most of it himself although there is a co-writers credit i believe to some New York Times journalist. I suppose most rock stars aren't natural writers(outside of song writing) and need help with structure and the like. How many of them,Mustaine included,remember half of their heyday i'll never know?!:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It is an interesting story, his behind the music episode was of the better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

you couldn't not read it!

He is a big part in the history of this genre, i'm off to amazon...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭bnt

A Dickensonian life? Is that more interesting than a (Bruce) Dickinsonian life? Just as long as the Dickens isn't A Christmas Carol, I suppose ... :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement