Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some pics!

Options
  • 12-08-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, i was in french polynesia over the summer and i took some pics of the night sky that i thought id share. Because there is little light pollution over there the skies were amazing. The whole milky way could be easily seen right across the sky (and enjoyed over a couple of bottles of wine), it was incredible. Pity im not much of a photographer to capture it but these were the best i could do.

Also, the A students among you might have realised that there was a solar eclipse in FP in june. I managed

to be in a spot where it was 98% complete (was 100% 20 miles off the coast apparently) so i took these snaps. the sun still gave out so much brightness that its impossible to see but elsewhere on the picture its possible to see the outline of the eclipse. Dont ask me how that happened but it did!

Very amateur photos but enjoy!

PS. apologies about the size!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

continued...

last.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

In the words of Monty Python....."You lucky lucky bast@*d"....:D:D:pac:

Some great shots there!

Beeker wrote: »
    In the words of Monty Python....."You lucky lucky bast@*d"....:D:D:pac:

Some great shots there!

Not as lucky as the folks still there now getting to watch the meteor showers with those clear skies! those pics of the sky show a TINY patch cause i had the camera zoomed in. That detail went right across the sky, words and pictures cant explain what it was like. only a very expensie flight can!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

great photos. thanks for sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Hi King Stew Sorry i got in so late with the thank Yous.
    Amateur are always the best IMO.
    Now if You were an A student You would have found the thread about the Solar eclipse a few pages back:pac::)
    also Photo 4 on the first set is very pretty indeed,.....erm Who is She?;)
    Beautiful Pics TY!

ynotdu wrote: »
    Hi King Stew Sorry i got in so late with the thank Yous.
    Amateur are always the best IMO.
    Now if You were an A student You would have found the thread about the Solar eclipse a few pages back:pac::)
    also Photo 4 on the first set is very pretty indeed,.....erm Who is She?;)
    Beautiful Pics TY!

Yeah i seen that thread but just thought id make my own anyways!! :D

Photo 4 is the little trooper who posed for 30 seconds, the time i had to set the exposure on the camera to in order to get enough light to take the shot! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

king-stew wrote: »
    Yeah i seen that thread but just thought id make my own anyways!! :D

Photo 4 is the little trooper who posed for 30 seconds, the time i had to set the exposure on the camera to in order to get enough light to take the shot! :D

:D:D:D

Advertisement