Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Favourite Drummers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Martin Lopez from Opeth's main line up was a genius. No 2 minutes of a song were the same beat. Other metal and Death metal drummers like Herrera of Fear Factory and Slayers drummer are nowhere near his overall knowledge and ability. Of course he doesn;t play anymore.
    Raymond Herrera doesn't drum with Fear Factory any more, Gene Hoglan does. Herrera plays in Arkaea now. Also why do you think Martin Lopez doesn't play any more? According to here he's writing music with a band called Soen.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Has to be Gavin for me. Any song seems effortless and so well suited. Grooves are immense, sparing use of double bass works well, and creativity down to a tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Chris Adler anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

Neil Peart alll the way for me :) and of course Barrymore Barlow from Jethro Tull in the 70's never gets a mention but he was a terrific player, multi talented guy, serious drum chops too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yet another Peart and Portnoy fan here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Chris Adler anyone?
    Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

I like watching these two clips

Hellhammer with boot ons

Frost of 1349 with demented eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Scott Travis anyone??????

Big fan, definitely one of my favourites.

Also, Eric Moore, current drummer for Suicidal Tendencies:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Pete sandoval is the man

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

Don't think John Boecklin has been said, quite like him:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Or this guy is still as good as ever.
    Now that's a guy who loves his instrument. Rock on, brother! :D

On a another note:

On another, slightly more serious note, I'll back Ringo Starr. Not the most technically gifted of drummers, but goddamn, does that man know how to compliment a riff beautifully. Understated almost to a fault, but embodies everything that a good drummer should, at the very least, in essence be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Joey Jordison

Advertisement