Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rent allowance

• 12-08-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Im looking to rent a house in tullamore town with my partner
    i am currently on job seekers allowance and im living at home at the moment in athlone so im siging on from my home house

Will i be allowed to apply for rent allowance :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Celvapan

sparky89 wrote: »
    Im looking to rent a house in tullamore town with my partner
    i am currently on job seekers allowance and im living at home at the moment in athlone so im siging on from my home house

Will i be allowed to apply for rent allowance :confused:

If you move in with your partner and he/she is earning a wage, you will be assessed on their wages and if he/she earns over a certain amount, it is my understanding that you will not be entitled to RA.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sparky89

my partner only works 3 days a week and gets paid by the social for the two days ho does no work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

On the basis of income, seems like you might be eligible, but also there's the following

Getting Rent Supplement

Rent Supplement will only be provided if the accommodation is suitable for your needs and the rent is below the maximum rent level set for your county.

You may get Rent Supplement if you have been living for 6 months (183 days) out of the last 12 months in one, or a combination, of the following:

* Accommodation for homeless people
    * Private rented accommodation. You must be able to show that you could afford the rent at the beginning of your tenancy and that you could have continued to pay rent but are unable to do so because of a change in your circumstances which occurred after you started renting.
    * An institution, for example, a hospital, care home or place of detention

Or

* Be assessed in the last 12 months by a local authority as being eligible for and in need of social housing. If you don't have a housing need assessment, you must go to the local authority to have your housing need assessed. The local authority must be in the same area that you intend to live and claim Rent Supplement. Only when you are assessed as eligible for and in need of housing can you apply for Rent Supplement. Rent Supplement is not payable while the local authority is carrying out a housing needs assessment.

You must also:

* Pass a habitual residence test
    * Pass a means test.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/supplementary-welfare-schemes/rent_supplement

Advertisement