Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steve Coppell quits and quits for good

• 12-08-2010 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

He always struck me as a manager who could do something like this and he has. I'm not sure he was ever really in love with managing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/12/steve-coppell-resigns-bristol-city

"It is with the deepest regret that I confirm my departure from Bristol City," Coppell said in his statement. "I have made my decision after very careful consideration and I believe that it is in the best interests of both the club and me personally that we go our separate ways.

"Bristol City is an excellent club, with brilliant support and a chairman with great ambition for the club's future. Whilst I was looking forward to the challenge of leading the players in this season's campaign, unfortunately, it has become clear over recent weeks, that I found I could not, for whatever reason, become passionate about the role and give the commitment the position demands."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Strange timing,

but the right decision if that's how he feels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

but still feel I have a contribution to make to the game sometime in the future

I'm not sure it's just not extreme flakiness. His stint at Man City was dreadfully unprofessional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Think he might be lined up for the villa job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Think he might be lined up for the villa job.

No he's retiring to a Villa, not the Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭Trampas

How many times has he quit now?

He will appear again at some club.

Has James the badges to take over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Trampas wrote: »
    How many times has he quit now?

He will appear again at some club.

Has James the badges to take over?

Well he's got a Liverpool one, a Portsmouth one and a......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

mike65 wrote: »
    He always struck me as a manager who could do something like this and he has.

Whatever could have given you that idea? Wouldn't be something that happened 14 years ago by any chance?

Mystic Mike eh? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

i doubt david james it too happy tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I always thought he was a decent manager from his time at Reading and always was pretty frank and honest in interviews so I think it's a shame but he obviously has grown tired of football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

davyjose wrote: »
    I'm not sure it's just not extreme flakiness. His stint at Man City was dreadfully unprofessional.

I could tell you exactly why he got out of Manchester City as quick as he could but I'd be banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Slightly related, Bristol City have completed the signings of Jimmy Keohane (Wexford Youths) and Patrick Hoban (Mervue United).

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2120382,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I could tell you exactly why he got out of Manchester City as quick as he could but I'd be banned.

Ah go on.*

Pm me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

He did quite well with Reading, but they never should have been relegated from the position they were in. I don't think he'll ever recover from that, it was such a horror show of a couple of months.

Glazers Out!

Lol those rumours were never proven ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    Slightly related, Bristol City have completed the signings of Jimmy Keohane (Wexford Youths) and Patrick Hoban (Mervue United).

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2120382,00.html

Great for those two lads, seen Jimmy a few times and he is a great player, one to look for the future.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6308618,00.html

Sky Sports is a joke though, "Wessex United" :D And Eurosport have picked up on that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

frantic190 wrote: »
    Great for those two lads, seen Jimmy a few times and he is a great player, one to look for the future.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6308618,00.html

Sky Sports is a joke though, "Wessex United" :D And Eurosport have picked up on that too.

When Coppell signed Kevin Doyle at Reading Sky Sports said he was signed from "York" City.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol those rumours were never proven ;)

i'm interested now, who's wife cheated on who?:D

justshane wrote: »
    i'm interested now, who's wife cheated on who?:D

Mate you aren't even close! It's far worse. Google should reveal something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement