Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading to play Starcraft 2?

Options
  • 12-08-2010 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hey guys my specs are

Pentium 4 CPU 2.80ghz
    2.50 gb of ram
    Radeon 9800 pro

Crappy computer I know.:( I'm wondering, if I picked up a HD 5770 512mb would it enable me to play games like Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3?

I'm not looking for uber performance, just that it runs at decent settings with a good framerate.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

You probably only have a mobo that supports AGP only so you cant use any PCIE card. So youre looking at cards 2 years+ old only, see here - http://www.buzzle.com/articles/best-agp-video-card.html

Whats your mobo?

Youll also bottleneck with a 3850 as your cpu is too slow, you could overclock it but then you probably need a new cooler

I think its a waste of time upgrading that thing( the spec sounds like its about 9 years old ), its probably worth 80-100euro

Advertisement