Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1.2m drug seizure in Ballyboughal

Options
  • 12-08-2010 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

RT&#201 wrote: »
    Three arrested after €1.2m cannabis seizure

Three men are being questioned following the seizure of 100kg of herbal cannabis worth over €1.2m in Co Dublin last night.

Officers raided a yard in Ballyboughal as the drugs were being loaded from one van into another.

Three men, aged 44, 28 and 24, were arrested at the scene and are being questioned at Ballymun and Finglas garda stations.

The seizure was part of a Garda National Drugs Unit operation backed up by the Organised Crime Unit.

Gardaí said the drugs were being trafficked by a Dublin criminal gang, which has been a target of the Garda National Drugs Unit for some time.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0812/ballyboughal.html

Hopefully it's not locals. Scarily close to home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've deleted one thread already. There is to be no further speculation on this thread as to who may have been involved.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0812/ballyboughal.html

Hopefully it's not locals. Scarily close to home.

Two brothers have appeared in court in Dublin charged in connection with the seizure of €1.8m of cannabis last Wednesday.

24-year-old Philip Cairns of Ashington Dale, Navan Road, Dublin, and 28-year-old Darren Cairns from Laburnum Square, Dublin, were both charged with possession of drugs and possession with intent to supply.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0813/ballyboughal.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Anyone know what yard they were in when caught ??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

sharkman - That is precisely the sort of speculation that I don't want in this thread.

What would you think if your yard was the one mentioned here in relation to drug smuggling and you had sweet F A to do with it?

I'd imagine there'd be a solicitor's letter winging it's way to DeV in jig time.

HB

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Bull**** ! I never asked who was involved , simply where the culprits were picked up . Simple as , no slander involved .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

sharkman wrote: »
    Bull**** ! I never asked who was involved , simply where the culprits were picked up . Simple as , no slander involved .

I can see Hill Billy's point here,you know what this country is like it would be a classic case of guilt by association for alot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BollickyBill

sharkman wrote: »
    Anyone know what yard they were in when caught ??

I'm only quoting from what was said on the media that it was a rented stable yard in the Ballyboughal area. Anyway the Gardaí are carrying out an investigation and they would be the only ones to draw conclusions. Anything else can only be speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Prohibition at work. The "higher ups" will never learn. Let's all head to the pub and consume our government controlled legal highs.

Advertisement