Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I claim benefits If I quit because of stress

• 12-08-2010 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi I am currently off sick from my job because I cannot cope with the stress of the job anymore. I know i will get new employment in January and I am thinking of doing a FAS course in the meantime to learn new skills to which i feel will help me in my new job.
    I am just wondering if I will be able to claim jobseekers or any beniefit in the meantime?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

If you have medical certs and the like, it should be fine.

Might take a while to be approved (everyone's claims seem to be taking several weeks) so visit your CWO in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hi I am currently off sick from my job because I cannot cope with the stress of the job anymore. I know i will get new employment in January and I am thinking of doing a FAS course in the meantime to learn new skills to which i feel will help me in my new job.
    I am just wondering if I will be able to claim jobseekers or any beniefit in the meantime?

Possibly

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/disability-and-illness/disability_benefit

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Hi OP,

I quit my job in April of this year after 4 years of working for a bullying tyrant. Like you, I just couldn't cope with the stress anymore & I knew I had to quit for the sake of my health.

I went & signed on the day after I left & with my JB application I enclosed a 2 page letter explaining why I left the job voluntarily. I listed incidents that happened to me, outlined how horrendously my boss treated me, etc.... I also enclosed proof of job applications that I had submitted during the many months prior to my departure with my JB application. 4 weeks later I got a letter from the SW advising my application had been successful & payment would be backdated to the day of my application.

I say go for it & if you have medical certs as back up, enclose them as they can only make your case stronger. Your health is worth far more than any job out there.

Best of luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tootloo

If they push it, then give them a reason. I moved from one part of the country home to my parents house for the summer. Left my job to do so.. and when I went in to claim, I just said I wanted to move home. 2 weeks later they sent me a letter saying I could collect it. They didn't ask me any questions really.. I had all the documents I needed with me on the first day I went in, and that must have worked in my favour.

Advertisement