Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Pyrotechnics Training

Options
  • 12-08-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Airsoft Pyrotechnics Training: Category 2, Ground Level only, As per British Standard BS 7114

I will be running a training coarse on August the 30 and 31, have 6 signed up so far, so place's are getting limited, if any one is interested send me an email to info@hrta.ie for an Application Form.

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

hrta wrote: »
    Airsoft Pyrotechnics Training:

I will be running a training coarse on August the 30 and 31, have 6 signed up so far, so place's are getting limited, if any one is interested send me an email to info@hrta.ie for an Application Form.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

What's involved in this course... i.e. a breakdown of the course/modules?
    What's the cost of the course?
    And how many places left?

Bren:)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Training to include:

law relating to fireworks, 1875 Explosive Act and subsidiary legislation:
    Irish regulations on fireworks:
    HSA guides on fireworks:
    Site inspection:
    Risk assessment:
    Types of fireworks suitable for the site:
    Rig and fire the display:
    Site clearing after display:

Cost is €200
    Place's left: 9 now, as 7 confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭airsoftdes

hey if i do this course will this allow me to buy and use pyros on sites :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

airsoftdes wrote: »

Simple answer, no :)

so what will i be getting in return for my 200:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I should proubley leave it too Paul to answer, but you need to be a site owner. Otherwise it would be pointless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

As Paul will no doubt explain, you still have to apply for and be granted the relevant licences. As I understand it the "legislation" module will cover the application forms required for an event.

It's like driving... lessons are required, but you still have to pass the test. There are no short cuts with this subject.

but is paul legally allowed to teach this course.
    he might be legal to use them but is he an instructor
    im not be tryin to be a #### just wanna see its not a waste of money???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

yes he is,but as said before,better for site owners,not really for players,cos
    no site is gonna let you play "just cos you done a course"":o
    but i may have taken it up wrong.
    sorry paul for buttin in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

Afaik, yes he is an instructor.

This is more aimed at airsoft site owners not players(hence the reason why it was put in the airsoft site sub forum).

The course is for sites owners, so that in turn they can they can legally use pyro on their sites. From what i heard and seen the course covers everything needed to know from application forms to there actual use and everything in between.

And yes Deco nate is right,
    just because you might be trained in pyrotechnics the site you play on still has to legally have/be granted permission for there use.

Im sure paul will be on by the end of the day to clarify everything.

• Advertisement

The answer is yes.

All operators used in displays are competent and trained. (Para 2.3.1 of Guidance Document and Note 10 of notes to completion of application form.

Well the answer is yes and no, you could use them on a site if you were named by the site Organiser, as an Operator of the Display, on the event Licence.

Regards,
    Paul Carey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Im just curious - How long is the actual process from Training to recieving the License?

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Im just curious - How long is the actual process from Training to recieving the License?

That would be up to the DOJ and the HSA, should be 4 weeks from the time the forms are sent in, but you know how things are in the real world.

Paul.

Only 4 Place's left:

Paul.

I forgot to ask, can people who signed up, get back to me, as to want day they can make it up for the training, my number is up on my web site, thanks.

Paul.

Congratulations to all, on the completion of the first airsoft fireworks course,
    best of luck, And i look forward to working with you all in the future.

Paul.

Hi all,

I was thinking of running the next course in November, for marshals only, meaning the site owner would have to legally have been granted permission for there use, and the site owner Have been competent and trained, for marshals to use them, and help out.

So any body who wishes to sign up, please email me, thanks.
    Paul.

hrta wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was thinking of running the next course in November, for marshals only, meaning the site owner would have to legally have been granted permission for there use, and the site owner Have been competent and trained, for marshals to use them, and help out.

So any body who wishes to sign up, please email me, thanks.
    Paul.

Hi All,

We are all go this weekend, Saturday there were no sign up's, so Sunday and Monday are all signed up,
    those that are signed up for training, don't forget note pad and pen, and your photo's, thanks.

Paul.

I am free now to run any perform pyrotechnic displays,
    That any Airsoft site's might like to run for game events.

Regards,
    Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paulie69

Are there any courses coming up soon, ive mailed twice but no reply,

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭alzer2012

im interested too...if you could let us know asap it would be much appreciated and thanks in advance :)

Advertisement