Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Small 'click' noise, wont acknowledge disc presence.

• 12-08-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

This time yesterday my 360 was workin' grand, but come last night, when I turned it on it made a small 'click' noise, then instead of giving me the 'play game,' option it said 'Open Tray,'
    What's the problem?

Im just curious as to what's wrong with it, I have no real intention of having it fixed unless someone can guarantee me it's a permanent one and it's free ('cos that's gonna happen :rolleyes:)
    Im going to put it up on my adverts in a few days if anyone's interested, I'm thinkinin' I'll just save up for the new slim :cool:

All the same, I'd still like an explanation as to what's gone wrong inside the fat bastard.

Oh, almost forgot, can the XBOX 360 controllers work with the new slim 360?

Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

It sounds like the laser is going on it. Try using a dvd cleaner on it and then bring it to the shop and trade it in on a new slim it will save ya a few quid on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

How much is the trade in value on them? Where would be the best place to go? Gamestop? a pawn shop? I dont really have time to shop around so would love your input :)
    And same question again, will the old xbox 360 pads work with the new slim 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

yep the controllers will work fine :)

now you mention that, I realised I am getting a click noise a lot more frequent. and the other day I got E68 red ring error :/ looks like my 3rd 360 is on the way out :(

I dropped my 360 onto my bed last night, hooked it up.. and now its working fine :) thanks for answering about the controllers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

My old one started to go like that. It got very tempremental about what it would play. I traded it in, luckily gamestop only power it up and don't try to play a game. It became their problem then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

How much is the trade in value on them? Where would be the best place to go? Gamestop? a pawn shop? I dont really have time to shop around so would love your input :)
    And same question again, will the old xbox 360 pads work with the new slim 360?

The trade in i think is pretty much the same in most of the shops at the moment. All depends which one is handiest for you to get to.

rizzla wrote: »
    My old one started to go like that. It got very tempremental about what it would play. I traded it in, luckily gamestop only power it up and don't try to play a game. It became their problem then.

How much did you get when you traded it in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Oh that was ages ago. It was a very old 20gb no hdmi port on the back. Traded it for a 60gb. I think I got €150 off possibly more, it was a long time ago.

Advertisement