Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CAP 1 Exemptions Proof

• 12-08-2010 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I was just wondering has anybody got a letter yet from Chartered Accountancy Ireland saying they have the CAP 1 exemptions yet?
    The college where I'm doing my accounting masters emailed asking me for the exemptions letter a few weeks ago.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thegaffer24

When did you apply for your exemptions? Did a firm apply for them for you? I applied myself around the middle of July and got the letter last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bingobarry

Cheers for the reply, ya I applied around the same time as yourself through my training firm, I guess I'll just wait another while so and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thegaffer24

I'd say they are doing the firms applications in bulk so I wouldn't worry about it. Where are you doing the masters? Id say some of them will accept that you have the CAP1 exemptions if you show that you are eligible to receive them based on your college results.

I thought that aswell, but my friend is in the same firm and he got the exemptions letter a good while ago, all this red tape, stress of it ha!
    Doing the masters in DCU, you?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I was wondering the same but my firm sent a mass email today saying they would be out in the next few weeks but friends of mine who applied independently received theirs already!

DCU havent sent me anything but that email looking for them yet. That's more of a stress - waiting for them to change their minds and kick me out!

• Advertisement

I rang the chartered accountancy office yesterday and they said when they do send it out they would be sending the letter to the training firm and not directly to the student themselves, so we have to wait for them to send it to the firm, and then pester the firm to send it to us, and then send it to PAC, and then they send it to DCU. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

The ICAI or whatever they want to call themselves today are the disaster. Doing exams with them at the moment to sort out full cap1 exemptions and it's a nightmare. Plus I'm waiting for DCU to change their minds about things. I envy you if that is the least of your worries right now!

Anyways contact your person in your firm and get it sorted it should be easy? Mine emailed us all about it already while I was away and sorted laptop collection stuff. :D

Advertisement