Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cycling in wexford/carlow

• 12-08-2010 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Guys, starting a new job in bunclody in september and wondering about club rides in the area, would like to try and keep a bit of fitness this winter and was hoping that maybe there would be weekend spins around carlow or maybe with wexford cc. any info would be great.

Also, does anybody know of some good quite training routes in the area, preferably with a few nice climbs?

thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

jimbo28 wrote: »
    Guys, starting a new job in bunclody in september and wondering about club rides in the area, would like to try and keep a bit of fitness this winter and was hoping that maybe there would be weekend spins around carlow or maybe with wexford cc. any info would be great.

Also, does anybody know of some good quite training routes in the area, preferably with a few nice climbs?

thanks guys.

You've Mt. Leinster beside you so climbing up to the mast every day will certainly improve your climbing skills :D I'd say Slaney CC or Carlow CC would be your nearest clubs but I'm jwshooter will be able to fill you in more on that one.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭jimbo28

Mt. Leinster you say.................is she long! once i start down there i have 3 weeks th get ready for the connacht hill climb championships.........which i havent done since i was an u16 about 12 years ago. would like to get some quality time on the climbs so as not to disgrace meself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭madrichie

Give the Racing795 lads a shout - http://racing795.com/ - they are based in that neck of the woods. The cover road, mtb and tri and are always out on spins. Nice bunch too of guys n' gals too

jeeebuus, shes right beside me, could tip over after school 2-3 times a week. looks good, thanks captain havoc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

jimbo28 wrote: »
    Mt. Leinster you say.................is she long! once i start down there i have 3 weeks th get ready for the connacht hill climb championships.........which i havent done since i was an u16 about 12 years ago. would like to get some quality time on the climbs so as not to disgrace meself :)

Long and extremely steep as soon as you go through the gates to climb to the mast. The road up to the mast is RTÉ property as far as I know so you may need to get permission.

Leinster_Mount_Bunclody_profile.gif

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

cheers marichie, just the type of info im looking for. i see they do a winter tt league too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Carlow Cycling Club are a good bunch of lads. Sunday spins etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

hi jimbo .

where are you going to be living . i did a tour a round the mountains sunday taking in the blackstairs and mt leinster ,up the 9 stones just 100km .there is always lads out and lots going on .

have a peek at the slaney cc wed site .

i live a about 10km form bunclody ( thankfully ) ,i hope you have a good saddle and shorts

not too sure yet jwshooter,will probably look towards carlow. been back in competition this year for the first time in years and am enjoying the bike again so i hope to keep it going for the winter and hopefully reach feb with a bit of shape...................spent all of jan and feb trying to get down to race weight and then building up the legs around the roads of monaghan...............its good to know there are a few boardsies knocking around down there. always liked the hills so looking forward to having a crack at mt leinster:D.......maybe ill give some of you guys a shout when i get there!!! not sure what level you guys are at but im only an A4............not a bad A4............but an A4 all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

The road up to the mast is RTÉ property as far as I know so you may need to get permission.Leinster_Mount_Bunclody_profile.gif

Sure why don't you not give him the number that you call everything you when you want want to do it!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement