Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's good about Dublin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Aslan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

The doughnut kiosk on O'Connell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Tryst

Can't believe i didn't think of this earlier but the street performers, I love stopping and listening to some talented people sing, or watch a magic show, or puppet show along grafton street and around temple bar. Buskers make walking through the city that bit more interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Oh, and gigs! I can't imagine having to travel to another city and paying for accommodation anytime I wanted to see someone play. There's always great gigs, all kinds of music, all over the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

And to address the OP, it's great about Dublin city that you have great areas like Howth Hill, Phoenix Park and Kilinny Hill so close to the city and with transport links most of the way.
    Not every city has that so close to the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lads keep on topic.

'Whats good about Dublin'.

I'll be deleting a few posts tomorrow and probably move the cycling posts to a thread in the Commuting & Transport forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭jordan..

Its where why family are from! I love the stories of my grand da working down the docks etc!

I might give out bout it sometimes but deep down I am a proud dub! My redneck friends will agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Dublin bikes scheme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

some other things:
    Alot of good newly built apartments, plenty of hotels and according to hostelworld some of the best hostels in the world.
    An airport that is close to the city and you can fly to lots of destinations cheaper than is possible for alot of countries.
    no HGV in the city center.
    so many taxis that if you strech you'll probably hail about 5 of them.
    two world class stadiums that host games and major international acts.
    dublin also attracts nearly ever band in the world (maybe thats because of the money) which is probably only rivaled by other big cities like london and berlin.
    streets are kept pretty damn clean as well, rarely i see or step in something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Guys, if your posts are gone and your wondering why there's no PM informing you why its simply because I don't have time to PM in relation to ALL TEN OFF TOPIC POSTS REMOVED.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

sron wrote: »
    I've thought for a while that with a little initiative from the Dublin Corporation Council, that area could become what Temple Bar should have been.

A bus terminus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Everything! I bloody love Dublin -the distinctiveness of the people, the varying accents -so inherently different yet all truly 'Dublin', the beautiful Georgian architecture, the fact that there's a river running right through the city and the unique little bridges spanning it, the electric atmosphere in certain parts of town on a summer's night, the wide open feeling of standing in Phoenix Park yet still being in the city, having such an historical place like Trinity at the heart of everything -still as alive today as it was for Oscar Wilde and Samuel Beckett, the tangible feeling of excitement in Ballsbridge right before a concert in the RDS or a match in Lansdowne Road, the sense of peace along Howth harbour, the sense of vibrancy in Temple Bar, dinner at Diep Le Shaker or a kebab from Zaytoon, reading the papers in Stephen's Green on a sunny Sunday morning... I love it all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

yeah ot that much bad about dublin except like the weather and the scobes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Crooklyn

I love how serviceminded and polite most Dubliners are.

Oh, this was a sarcastic thread, right?

Advertisement