Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westie keeps vomiting

Options
  • 12-08-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I have a pregnant westie. She's in good condition and I have always taken great care of her. But last week she started vomiting, yellow stuff and shivering. Brought her to the vet, she got an injection and the vet told me it was probably a stomach bug. Put her on a diet of rice and chicken, no more vomiting. Put her back on her normal food again yesterday, which is royal canin, vomited again this morning. She's fine again this afternoon, drinking water, ate more chicken and rice this morning. But just wondering have any other westie owners had this problem with pregnant bitch. She has a history of a sensitive stomach, hence she is always been giving royal canin.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

One of mine (not pregnant, cairn x) had something similar a couple of weeks ago; bloated stomach, restlessness and vomiting yellow stuff. She was fine after 24 hours. I've heard that there may be a bug going round.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Westsa

Thanks for that, puts my mind a bit at ease. She hasn't lost her appitite for chicken and rice. Will keep her on that for another day or two, see how she goes. Otherwise it's back to the vets

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

My westie was sick yesterday a couple of times but he was all bouncy this morning. So bouncy in fact he slipped going down the stairs and surfed down all the steps on his four paws. Frightened life out of me but he took no notice. Hope your girl is better soon Westsa and best of luck with the puppies.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Westsa

Thanks for that, going to need all the luck I can get, first time mother for her and granny for me.:)

Advertisement