Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police checks from Australia and NZ

Options
  • 12-08-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I spent 11 months in NZ, and 9 in Australia, and I need to get police clearance checks from both countries for a position here in Ireland (not 100% on whether to apply or not yet though).

Has anyone personal experience on how long the process usually takes from both countries? The Australian website says 15 working days from when it arrives there, but because I worked in QLD, NSW and WA, it could take longer:eek:.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Always blow on the pie!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Always blow on the pie!

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Its federal police doing the check in Oz, so if they say it'll be 15 days, it probably will, I'm getting mine done at the moment for a de-facto visa, it can take up to a month on mine, but I'm confident it'll be quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Claasman wrote: »
    Hi,

I spent 11 months in NZ, and 9 in Australia, and I need to get police clearance checks from both countries for a position here in Ireland (not 100% on whether to apply or not yet though).

Has anyone personal experience on how long the process usually takes from both countries? The Australian website says 15 working days from when it arrives there, but because I worked in QLD, NSW and WA, it could take longer:eek:.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

I recently got a Australia Police check for my visa, and after sending it off, I got within 5 days. Though I have only worked in NSW

EDIT : link http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Thanks a million for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Moosey2Loosey

Hi there,
    I recently had to get a N.Z. report for my Aussie visa as I spent 18 months there. It's actually more of a convictions list but it worked for me. I'm in Ireland at the minute but it still only took about 2 weeks in total. Hope that helps.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I thought you didn't have to get a police check if you weren't in the country for more than 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Claasman wrote: »
    Hi,

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

We've got computers here in Oz now, and can check the details within days.. just as soon as we find someone who can work the damn things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I thought you didn't have to get a police check if you weren't in the country for more than 12 months.

Depends what type of job your applying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Hi

If youre looking for a security check from NZ you need to contact the following;

New Zealand

Ministry of Justice
    PO Box 2750
    Wellington
    New Zealand
    Tel: 04 918 8800
    Fax: 04 918 8820
    Internet: www.justice.govt.nz
    (more specificially; http://www.justice.govt.nz/services/get-a-copy-of-your-criminal-record/application-forms/application-forms )

I had to do it and it took approx 2 weeks from when I sent the fax but they say on the website expect up to one month.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement