Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Cylinder for BBQ

• 12-08-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has bought a gas cylinder for a BBQ lately and if so, where?

I tried 3 separate filling stations over the past week and none of them would sell me one because I didn’t have one to return. Not sure why they won’t sell one without me returning one. Surely not everybody has one to return.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If you go to Ger Walters at Watchhouse cross you could buy one I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

chawkes sold me a can, its €30 for the bottle i think. then whatever it is for the gas usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Ger Walters +1

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

B & Q do them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MsBob

I got one in homebase :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭billox

walters is your best bet prob cost around €30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

You might get an empty in the recycling centre in Mungret - save you a few euro

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭proponent

Hi all,
    im going to revive this thread now as it seems to be only one thats talking about this.

I recently got a lovely gift of a rather fancy gas barbeque for my birthday with regulator and all.

I got an old (yet full) gas bottle from my dad but the regulator will not fit it,

Attached are images of the gas bottle and top.. can anyone tell me what regulator will fit this bottle, do they even make them anymore?

All help greatly appreciated as i am trying to save myself the €60 for a new bottle.

http://tinypic.com/r/2w4mxp2/7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

looks like ye old bog standard calor kosangas cylinder

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Your bbq more than likely uses propane gas and not butane (Standard yellow gas bottle). These cylinders can be bought for about €27.99 in Ger Walters. Don't buy in Homebase anyway as they charge €35.99 or did during the Summer anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Your bbq more than likely uses propane gas and not butane (Standard yellow gas bottle). These cylinders can be bought for about €27.99 in Ger Walters. Don't buy in Homebase anyway as they charge €35.99 or did during the Summer anyway.

+ 1... Ger walters best bet...

Ah the old yellow bottles, the regulators have the flip top on them as opposed to propane on the side, ah the olde kilkee caravan job!!!

The butane ones are still used regularly enough for felting roofs etc.

Should be some knocking around... I presume you have a propane regulator, if not I can get you one FOC..

Rgds - Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

got a gas bbq there, just not sure if its propane or butane i use, it says type 588 on the regulator, any ideas?

Advertisement