Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Garda or Garda Reserve ever have epilepsy??

• 12-08-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi All,

I'm new to boards.ie, am hoping somebody might be able to help me out here though!
    I've recently submitted my application form for Garda Reserve I'm really excited about the thoughts of gaining entry but have a massive dark cloud hanging over me about the whole thing.
    Thing is I had epilepsy am currently 5 years fit free, however, am still on medication..I've been in touch with brainwave who are basically a support group/organisation for people who suffer from epilepsy and they have said they dealt with a guy who was in a similar position who gained access to the Guards but also dealt with somebody else who was refused :(
    Suppose I'm just looking to see if anybody out there is or was in a similar position and could anyone shed any light on this for me.
    Its so frustrating as there doesn't seem to be any straigh forward answer on it!!!!

Thanks for any help you can offer in advance!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

Hi All,

I'm new to boards.ie, am hoping somebody might be able to help me out here though!
    I've recently submitted my application form for Garda Reserve I'm really excited about the thoughts of gaining entry but have a massive dark cloud hanging over me about the whole thing.
    Thing is I had epilepsy am currently 5 years fit free, however, am still on medication..I've been in touch with brainwave who are basically a support group/organisation for people who suffer from epilepsy and they have said they dealt with a guy who was in a similar position who gained access to the Guards but also dealt with somebody else who was refused :(
    Suppose I'm just looking to see if anybody out there is or was in a similar position and could anyone shed any light on this for me.
    Its so frustrating as there doesn't seem to be any straigh forward answer on it!!!!

Thanks for any help you can offer in advance!:)

welcome along.. well to answer your question i think you would be best off ringin garda medical office and asking them directly. I myself know one in the poistion. But i would think that if you are 5 years free there should be no probelm as 5 years is a long time to be free of it and the likely hood of it happening again would be small. but best advice ring hq and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 littlebubble25

Thanks for the welcome and the help Da Flash!!Will call ghq on Monday...fingers crossed its good news!!:)

Advertisement