Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself!

• 12-08-2010 2:11pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, we're ALL new to the forum :) Since AIT is such a tight nit community, we should introduce ourselves a little bit.

I'm Alan, graduated 2 years ago with a degree in Mechatronics, I'm going back for an evening course (or 2 :pac:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I'm Rob, resitting 2 exams at the end of the month. But once passed, I'll be done. Did Mobile Communications and Electronics, may in the future go back, but we'll see :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Daniel here, going into my 3rd year of Software Design (Web Development), like to take an active roll in my class. Looking forward to getting back in September. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Former lecturer here, so I am not giving out my name. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

Starting next month as a first year, really looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Denny, hoping to go in to do either Game or Web design, really looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 sp1ky

David, going into second year Computer Network Administration :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

Havent quite graduated yet but hope to get the ONE exam later in the month!! Heading back to do a night course in Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

Eimear/Nemo, hope to start there this year doing Vis. Comm. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

BlueNemo wrote: »
    Eimear/Nemo, hope to start there this year doing Vis. Comm. :)

I'm from Navan meself and heading into 3rd year of VisComm in AIT, good to see someone from the same neck of the woods!
    If you've any questions or want any sort of info on the course let me know and I'll do me best to help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

William, graduated this year with a degree in computer and software engineering :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Damien here. Finishing repeat exams this year in Software Engineering this year. I love the place and will miss it. I feel like part of the furniture I've been there that long. Hoping to do the BA in Counselling next year to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Patrick. Been a student there on/off for the best part of a decade! I worked there last year aswell as a Technician. Good times, love the place :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Wouldn't mind a technicans job there myself. Can they hire students? Or AIT graduates for that matter.

Wouldn't mind a technicans job there myself. Can they hire students? Or AIT graduates for that matter.

They can, but don't hold your breath. They are letting people go rather than taking them on. I tried my bestest to get held on for another year, but it just ain't happening. I'd advise looking elsewhere and not waste your time, heh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Hi all, Im John. Im going back to do the sustainable energy degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Hello everybody,

I did a Business degree, graduated in 2007 and I still long to back in AthloneIT. A marvelous place, great atmosphere, lots of fun and drink and some lovely girls :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

Conor Here hopfully going back in September studing Biotechnology

Hello everybody,

I did a Business degree, graduated in 2007 and I still long to back in AthloneIT. A marvelous place, great atmosphere, lots of fun and drink and some lovely girls :D

That's for sure! the quality of the young wans gets better and better every year! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

noel, completed my bachelor of business studies (hons) in 2003, did a grad dip in computing in 2004, really enjoyed my time in athlone it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Brian here. Going into 3rd year of a business degree. Can't wait to get back :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Crooky92

Im Ciaran, startin my 1st year in Games Development and lookin forward to it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Hello :) I'm Sarah, 21, and gonna be a first year Science this year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

I'm Kevin (18) and heading into 1st year Business Sport & Rec

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ashtray_Heart

I'm Cat,going into 2nd year HC in Business in Music and Instrument Tech.Oh and I'm a PASS leader for 1st years in my course too so if there's any of ye on this don't be afraid to talk to me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

Name says it all.
    Done my cert in Business with Music and Instrument Tech at long last,loved second year so much I did it twice...
    Now in Bachelor of Business Year 3 with Music Tech and Multimedia as my elective.

IZ TEH FERAL HAMSTER!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

This forum was not here the last time I logged in!

Anyway, I'm Jane. Just graduated this year with a Bachelor of Science in Veterinary Nursing. Currently trying to get a job. Thinking about going back to AIT, I heard there was a new level 8 course related to Vet Nursing starting soon. That might be completely untrue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭minion35

Tommy - 3rd year computer network administration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

ive been lurking on this forum a bit so i suppose i better add to it!

james - doing my first year in business computing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Stephen here - finished the Software Engineering add-on recently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement