Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience of Sligo Car Dealerships' Servicing/Aftersales?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Flannery's are brilliant,mum has a Toyota too,and Davey's seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I've dealt with McCormacks a few times now and never had a problem so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Try

http://www.kevinegancars.ie

They also have a facebook page with current offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Avoid McCormacks like the plague - even their pre-sales are atrocious & their servicing garage is a complete rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Avoid McCormacks like the plague - even their pre-sales are atrocious & their servicing garage is a complete rip off.

It is 15 years ago now but the brakes failed on my car after a routine service there.

Luckey I was not killed, When I complained to Opel Ireland they told me I should have confidence in their main dealer network.

Never went back to them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

dingding wrote: »
    It is 15 years ago now but the brakes failed on my car after a routine service there.

Luckey I was not killed, When I complained to Opel Ireland they told me I should have confidence in their main dealer network.

Never went back to them again.

Cripes - you were lucky nothing bad happened.

My wife left her last car in there for a pre-NCT a few years ago & was told that the exhaust needed changing, so they replaced it & 2 days later it fell off. Absolute joke of a place.

Another place to avoid for servicing is Advance Pitstop on Burton Street - had a service done there about 3 years ago & when I was driving back along the dual carriageway, I heard a rattle from the engine. Stopped & pulled over to see what it was.. turns out the mechanic had left a wire cutters in the engine.

Not too bad, but when I wrote a letter of complaint to their Head Office, I recieved a fairly abrupt call from the manager of the Sligo branch. Again, not too bad - but what really got my goat is that a few weeks later, I was in a nightclub & was approached in a very threathening manner by one of their mechanics who was far from happy that I had lodged a complaint against one of his work colleagues.

Ridiculous stuff - I mean, they rely on the public for their bread & butter FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

TBH OP if you are buying a car don’t worry about the dealer you are getting it from. You will always hear bad reports from main dealers mostly when it comes to servicing prices. If it were me I would buy of any of them. If used then just make sure you get a warranty and get an indie mechanic to look over it straight away then do your own snag list for the garage to sort out. Used cars are sold on with as little amount of work done as possible , it is the resale minus cost of work that the salesperson make commission on from the original deal. I was told this by a saleswoman in Casey’s and told the same from a Sligo sales staff. There are a LOT of excellent indie garages in and around Sligo, the lads off the top of high street get great reviews and have all the Computers for the new cars and personally Dermot Gray Ballymote for me.
    If you need help in which car you need then the gang over in the motor section are well able to help.

Advertisement