Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Broadband in carlow/8mb deal Q's

• 12-08-2010 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

hey guys
    i was with UPC for a few months (15mb) and recently moved house to a shiny new apartment in the heart of carlow... and now my now once great service is unavailable for some reason. .even though i found an old chorus/ntl hub thing in one of the rooms.. anyway UPC is out.
    I rang magnet and they said they can only offer a poultry 8mb or 7.something in my area.. although im in the heart of carlow town..
    has anyone got this package and what its actually like? and how much is it to activate the line with eircom..
    basically i just want good reliable fast BB and no other services ie. phone, tv etc..
    any thoughts?:o

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

johnnyjo wrote: »
    hey guys
    i was with UPC for a few months (15mb) and recently moved house to a shiny new apartment in the heart of carlow... and now my now once great service is unavailable for some reason. .even though i found an old chorus/ntl hub thing in one of the rooms.. anyway UPC is out.
    I rang magnet and they said they can only offer a poultry 8mb or 7.something in my area.. although im in the heart of carlow town..
    has anyone got this package and what its actually like? and how much is it to activate the line with eircom..
    basically i just want good reliable fast BB and no other services ie. phone, tv etc..
    any thoughts?:o

We dont have equipment in Carlow so we can offer our usual packs. The pack we offered you is the swift service.

It 100% depends on line quality so I would take all advice with some degree of caution, one person can get a poor service and another a good one depending on their respective distance to the exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you have the phone number for a neighbour then you can check what's generally available. You won't know what your line does until you get one installed and tested though.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

jor el wrote: »
    If you have the phone number for a neighbour then you can check what's generally available. You won't know what your line does until you get one installed and tested though.

Correct and right.

Advertisement