Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I unsubscribe to a forum [Ross/Conor]

Options
  • 12-08-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭

I'm subscribed to a forum - how do I unsubscribe?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Hey there.

When you're viewing the forum, you should have a drop-down menu towards the top-right of your page marked "forum tools". Click on that, and one of the options there should be "unsubscribe from this forum".

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

bonkey wrote: »
    Hey there.

When you're viewing the forum, you should have a drop-down menu towards the top-right of your page marked "forum tools". Click on that, and one of the options there should be "unsubscribe from this forum".

No - I get the option "subscribe to this forum"

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    No - I get the option "subscribe to this forum"

Well that would suggest you are not subscribed to that forum.

Can you try it on a different forum? As in, subscribe then unsubscribe?

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Well that would suggest you are not subscribed to that forum.

Can you try it on a different forum? As in, subscribe then unsubscribe?

No

I'm subscribed to 8 forums and none of them allow me to unsubscribe

Terry Pratchet

No

I'm subscribed to 8 forums and none of them allow me to unsubscribe

Yes, but can you subscribe to a 9th forum and then see can you unsubscribe from that forum?

I've looked at your permissions and there is nothing out of the ordinary that I can see.

Edit: Right, I'm having the exact same problem. :D I can subscribe, but can't unsubscribe.

• Advertisement

Tom Dunne wrote: »

Edit: Right, I'm having the exact same problem. :D I can subscribe, but can't unsubscribe.
    see what I mean then? There is no option to unsubscribe

Terry Pratchet

see what I mean then? There is no option to unsubscribe

I've marked this thread for the attention of the Conor and Ross. They may be able to shed some light on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Click on UserCP, the page lists all forums subscribed to and has an unsubscribe button underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

As above, or if you want the url to do so (if you know the forum id) put this link into your browser:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&f=

And add the id number to the end of the link and hit go on the browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

That was my fault. Should be sorted now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement