Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnect from Server EVERY time the Phone Rings(Eircom)

• 12-08-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

So I play a couple online games(P.C. Games) but everytime the phone rings i get disconnected from server.

We recently had the phone lines played around with as we were getting our house done up. Just moving the phone line into a diff room and what not.

Why do I keep getting disconnected though?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

are you using broadband filters on your ADSL connection and all the lines with phones on them?

if you are then one of them may b faulty, or someone has messed up one of your cvables in the move.

filters are the first thing to check tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

vibe666 wrote: »
    are you using broadband filters on your ADSL connection and all the lines with phones on them?

if you are then one of them may b faulty, or someone has messed up one of your cvables in the move.

filters are the first thing to check tho.

Filters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

BaRcOe wrote: »
    Filters?

http://members.cox.net/elangenb/images/rjdiagram.jpg

DSL filter needed on every piece of phone equipment, and a filter/splitter needed for the modem. If you don't have these, then that's the problem.

When a phone ringing, or being used, disconnects the DSL, it's invariably related to the filters. Either none being used, or gone faulty.

Advertisement