Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help installing Buddypress

Options
  • 12-08-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Hi i have been trying to install buddypress for ages now and just cant get it too work. I have wordpress 3.0 and buddypress install at bettingview.com but the links never work. Im not sure if its a directory problem or permalink problem. Im on blacknight.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Do you have a .htaccess file set up? If so, what is in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I dont actually

Enable Permalinks and create a .htaccess file as specified in the Wordpress admin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Got it working now cheers! :)

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Got it working now cheers! :)
    For the benefit of others with a similar problem, what did you do to get it working?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FergusG

i had a similar problem when i first starting working with wordpress. i am new to web development so it took a little while to overcome. i wrote a small blog about it which tries to explain how i resolved it in simple terms.

www.fergusgordon.com/blog

Advertisement