Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Conway

• 12-08-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36

hey,

I've heard that is the only provider of broadband for tallaght cross apt. Anywone can say something about the quality of service?

Their webpage is so damn bad... no info etc

Is it big deal to get UPC? Landlord is the only person who needs to agree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If the company has an exclusive deal with the apartment building (through the management agency) then UPC will not be able to go in there.

You would be able to get a phone line and DSL (if available) though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 jackwogan

I have skyconway broadband 5mb uncontended I never have a problem. Had eircom before and at 6pm it was so so slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 mightyz

This provider is total bol($@#.

I tried to download linux thru torrent and what? Speed as fast as 40KB/s MAX.. but only for few seconds and then drops to ZERO and Internet connection seems to be blocked (firefox cant open anything).
    When I limit the number of connections to ridiculous 20.. it start to work again.
    Its a 100% monopoly example. They charge you 2x of the market price and then limit your service to web browsing?
    Because with a standard ping 77 ms its hard to connect to any game server.

Yea and this F5#^#@ brought old used ZYXEL modem which is dropping wireless connection every 20 minutes. One more thing..
    Of course no password to change any of the settings inside modem/router..

Some people might believe you are downloading just linux lol. What you need to do is make sure you are recieving a public ip ring them up and reguest one if you dont have one , it is free and they will change you over that day. The password for the router is orchard1234(that was mine). If you have trouble with your wireless dropping change in the frequency and if your doing torrents check your thresholds on router. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

I'm moving into an apartment which only has skyconway for tv/phone/broadband or i have to get a phone line in and then broadband.

i agree with their website being terrible and lacks information.

what are they prices for internet/speed/cap?

would they suit me. i've xbox360 ps3 pc and i stream using slingbox, i watch 4od alot too so my usage is high. UPC has suited me grand but thats not an option for this place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 mightyz

speed is 5mb/s -- most of a time is 4. recently I experience some speed drops over weekends.

I don't know if there is any cap.
    price is quite high -- 35.99 / month.
    ping is **** as well.. usual 74 ms. THIS SUCKS. but what can you do when a bloody monopoly is here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,063 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Would also be interested in peoples experience and pricing on this. Primarily for gaming.

Have been spoilt with 15Mb NTL line in current apartment and fear losing decent service with this Conway Crowd.

Thanks for any assitance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,063 ✭✭✭✭listermint

mightyz wrote: »
    speed is 5mb/s -- most of a time is 4. recently I experience some speed drops over weekends.

I don't know if there is any cap.
    price is quite high -- 35.99 / month.
    ping is **** as well.. usual 74 ms. THIS SUCKS. but what can you do when a bloody monopoly is here.

74, ugh. Not good.

Is this your average or at high peaks? Have you used it for gaming at all? xbox live etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

How do skyconway deliver their broadband service? Is is through cable like UPC?

Also, who or what designed their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Anyone know the default password for conway modems?

• Advertisement

they are all different you have to email support@skyconway.com to request yours

Advertisement