Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland football this weekend, 13/14 Aug 2010

• 12-08-2010 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Premier Division
    Friday, 13 Aug 2010
    Bohemian FC 19:45 Galway United
    Bray Wanderers 19:45 St. Patrick's Athletic
    Drogheda United 19:45 Shamrock Rovers
    Sporting Fingal 19:45 Dundalk

Saturday, 14 Aug 2010
    Sligo Rovers 19:45 U.C.D.

First Division
    Friday, 13 Aug 2010
    Derry City 19:45 Cork City
    Waterford United 19:45 Wexford Youths
    Mervue United 19:45 Limerick
    Shelbourne 20:00 Monaghan United
    Longford Town 20:00 Finn Harps

Saturday, 14 Aug 2010
    Salthill Devon 19:00 Athlone Town

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Need a win in any way, shape or form...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Big match in Tolka, two in form teams with alot at stake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Tolka Park will host a great match.

We (bohs) need a win, to try salvage something from this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Need a win in any way, shape or form...
    frantic190 wrote: »
    Tolka Park will host a great match.

We (bohs) need a win, to try salvage something from this league.

I'm not hopeful tbh. We've really stuggled for goals since Flood left; playing Sheppard up front on his own hasn't worked. Conneely is a doubt but hopefully O'Donnell will play (he sat out the game vs. Liverpool XI).

I reckon ye'll be well up for it after last Sunday's result. I don't think the 3-0 scoreline reflected the game as a whole, either.

Would love to nick a point, hopefully Sheppard can terrorise your defenders like he did lasttime at Dalymount (with a dive for a penalty thrown in)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Hopefully we can sneak a win in the big game in Tolka. Derry should beat Cork Foras so hopefully the Blades can slip up in Galway too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Must win game for us this weekend can see us slipping up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Fairly tough game for Rovers compared to the other two

Come on Mons...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I just looked at the first division table. Wtf are Monaghan doing up there? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm excited about the next few months for us. Tough game against UCD on Saturday.
    CiaranC wrote: »
    I just looked at the first division table. Wtf are Monaghan doing up there? :eek:

I said the exact same thing when they showed the table on MNS. I need to start following the graveyard more.
    Feckin shocked when I saw them 2nd.

So theres a chance of Mon Dogs next season?

Dont look at that league, im an elitist bastard only 2 clubs have never been relegated, ohh the words in bold we are not allowed speak in tallaght.

• Advertisement

Monaghan look incredibly fit this season, other than our embarrassment in the LC, I saw them a few weeks ago when I was up at a wedding and they look strong. I'd say they could give a PD team a run for their money, but its hard to judge.

Aidan Lynch plays for them aswell, and he was my and is my brothers business teacher. :pac:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So theres a chance of Mon Dogs next season?

They won't be given a Premier License for there I'd say, nowhere near enough seats and nowhere even to put anymore.

Aidan Lynch plays for them aswell, and he was my and is my brothers business teacher. :pac:

Ye he was SantryReds business team too. Thankfully he's injured for tomorrow and Gartland is doubtful, both good news for Shels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Thinks Mons are looking good, great result up in the R..eh Brandywell, reckon they could beat Dundalk in the league cup semi next week is it?

They won't be given a Premier License for there I'd say, nowhere near enough seats and nowhere even to put anymore.

You hoping for 3rd then :p

If drogs got away with it no way in hell mons wont and tbh they should be invited into the PL as a "this is how you do it" model.

Also mon dogs are reason enough if galway got in with a dvd.

Would Mons stadium not hold in or around the same seating as Fingals or maybe even the UCD bowl?

justshane wrote: »
    Would Mons stadium not hold in or around the same seating as Fingals or maybe even the UCD bowl?

Holds five and a half thousand, but only has about 600 seats. Need 1500 in the PD now I think, although some teams get away with it (Fingal, because they have plans to build a new stadium, and Drogheda used to get away with it but they eventually put more seats in.)

http://www.fussballtempel.net/uefa/IRL/Century_Homes.html

That be it, but they have upgraded a tiny bit around the ground in terms of better terracing since that was taken I think.

reckon they could beat Dundalk in the league cup semi next week is it?

They always beat Dundalk...Rovers clinched the First Division title in Limerick when a below average Monaghan beat Dundalk the same night..

Think they'll lose tonight, but still a good chance..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Top half all playing the bottom half. Who will slip up:o

On paper, all the challenging teams for the top 3 spots would expect to win but I doubt that will happen. Will be an interesting weekend of football.

UCD Bowl has easily double the amount that Mons has. As for Fingal they have "plans" for a new stadium and in the FAI regulations they are exempted from the seating rule.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

UCD Bowl has easily double the amount that Mons has. As for Fingal they have "plans" for a new stadium and in the FAI regulations they are exempted from the seating rule.:rolleyes:

Thats how Drogheda got away with it, they had "plans" for about 2 and a half years to put seats in, and they finally did this summer, and the seats look well tbh. Its a pity about the stadium itself though, fantastic footballing ground, but you can see **** all from the away end :p

Thats how Drogheda got away with it, they had "plans" for about 2 and a half years to put seats in, and they finally did this summer, and the seats look well tbh. Its a pity about the stadium itself though, fantastic footballing ground, but you can see **** all from the away end :p

Away stand is great for atmosphere, sure 70 or so of us managed to make a decent bit of noise pre-season.

Away stand is great for atmosphere, sure 70 or so of us managed to make a decent bit of noise pre-season.

Yeah thats what I meant, its great to go to for a match, atomsphere is always great up there, great footballing ground. (especially when we came back from 2 - 1 down at the start of the season to beat them 4 - 2) We normally bring loads up though, if you get a bad spot i.e. a pole blocking the goal, your not gonna be able to move around without blocking someone else's view.

Is there any team in the league which has a dedicated separate from home fans away section which is decent, United Park, Oriel Park and Pats away ends are awful. I don't mean the likes of Rovers as that is the same stand which the home fans use?

Ye he was SantryReds business team too. Thankfully he's injured for tomorrow and Gartland is doubtful, both good news for Shels.
    Had him for maths back in the day :) Always like to see him do well.

Is there any team in the league which has a dedicated separate from home fans away section which is decent, United Park, Oriel Park and Pats away ends are awful. I don't mean the likes of Rovers as that is the same stand which the home fans use?

Away fans get the shed in Richmond, best away end in the league tbh. Well when its full of away fans :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

What about all the space infront of the stand, you could easily fit seats in that area and not block the views from the existing stand. Loads of space behind the right-most goal aswell.

Thats not correct. Originally we had plans for a new stadium, that didnt happen. After that it was the FAI's job to put seats in the ground since they are the ones who own it. They just never bothered their arses with it till this year.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Away fans get the shed in Richmond, best away end in the league tbh. Well when its full of away fans :(

Do you mean the end of the stand? If thats the case I agree, possibly my favourite away trip because of the atmosphere you can generate in that stand. Feels like you're on top of the pitch aswell, right in on the action its fantastic.

jesus christ :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭baldshin

Twice in one season for Galway United, delighted!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Crazy results coming in tonight!

Delighted for bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

My pre-match optimism seemed to jinx things nicely! Great result, puts a bit of pressure on UCD and will be a huge boost for the coming weeks! :D

Tell all the Bohs you know....that it won't be three in a row...

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So..............that was nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Just back from the Bohs game.

How did they lose that one?:confused:

Total domination from the 1st minute of the game basically. Why Fenlon left Madden on the bench is a mystery. If he had started they would have won in my opinion.

Mixture of anger and dejection from Bohs at full time.

Stephen O'Donnell was great. Never really got to see much of him at City because of injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Wow Bohs lost again? Bray beat Pats :confused: Tis Friday the 13th indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I really really really really like football:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The only bad thing about tonight is that the scouts wont have been impressed with that shower of wasters.

First off Monaghan players are a fcuking disgrace, several of them should be lined up and shot the scumbags. Mons player sent off after 2 mins for a shocking tackle on Sean Byrne who was stretchered off and off with the Malta lads in the van, word was he broke/fractured his ankle.

On the match, well we played brilliant 1st half, 2-0 up at HT but the 2nd half we held back Mons got back into it and well for the last 15 mins loaded up the midfield and attack trying to snatch the draw.

4 points off 2nd place.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Just read elsewhere that 325 people turned up at the RSC tonight. For shame.

bohsman wrote: »
    The only bad thing about tonight is that the scouts wont have been impressed with that shower of wasters.

Madden on the bench? Honestly, what's that about? Did he have a knock or something because otherwise that's just nuts. Y.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Just read elsewhere that 325 people turned up at the RSC tonight. For shame.

It was a fantastic game too.

Madden on the bench? Honestly, what's that about? Did he have a knock or something because otherwise that's just nuts. Y.

deckchairs, titanic, who cares.

Celtic awaits I'd say.

Celtic awaits I'd say.

Charlton the latest rumour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

It was a fantastic game too.
    That was one of the poorest games of football (both teams to blame) that I was ever at. Very little link up play and everything hoofed.

It had a false sense of excitement because the referee totally lost control of the game, which resulted in lunging tackles and sendings off. Very poor crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Shamrock Rovers lucky to win in Drogheda. They started both halves very well but we were on top when they hit us on the counter-attack and scored. What followed after lost the game for us. Crazy night of football, results and sendings off.

Edit: Very decent crowd of 400-450 down from Rovers as well. Away stand was full from 19.30 onwards.

Probably better in the Bohs superthread but how and ever, got a call there off my mate who works in Paddy Power, asking did Pat Fenlon leave or get sacked as there's a market in shop for the next Bohs manager and Alan Matthews is favourite.:confused:

**** this, I'm following a water polo team :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

MO'N 33/1.
    That's very short.

• Advertisement
Advertisement