Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland football this weekend, 13/14 Aug 2010

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

fh041205 wrote: »
    Shamrock Rovers lucky to win in Drogheda.

lol
    Edit: Very decent crowd of 400-450 down from Rovers as well. .

Double lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I'm excited about the next few months for us. Tough game against UCD on Saturday.

Fantastic 4-0 win for us tonight, delighted with it.

Up to 3rd albeit with others having a game in hand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Sligo for the league!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Sligo really are the form team in the league, if Bohs and Pat's aren't careful Sligo will be leaving them for dead soon enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Shamrock Rovers lucky to win in Drogheda. They started both halves very well but we were on top when they hit us on the counter-attack and scored. What followed after lost the game for us. Crazy night of football, results and sendings off.

Edit: Very decent crowd of 400-450 down from Rovers as well. Away stand was full from 19.30 onwards.

This sounds like a very bitter post!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

monkey9 wrote: »
    This sounds like a very bitter post!!

I didn't think so.:confused: First goal was McMahon giving the ball away on the right-hand side and ye hit us on the break. We definately had the greater momentum at that point in the game. Then Crowley/McGill/Osbourne happened and it all unravelled from there.

I was trying to pay tribute to the Rovers support. That stand, as I'm sure you're well aware has a capacity of 400. And I've seen far more people crammed into it before. Actually now that I think of it, you could add another 150 from the seated stand I didn't think of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bateman wrote: »
    Sligo really are the form team in the league, if Bohs and Pat's aren't careful Sligo will be leaving them for dead soon enough

Find out on friday tbh

Actually now that I think of it, you could add another 150 from the seated stand I didn't think of that.

Both stands on that side were full from what I could see as well as loads (including me) standing in front of the away end and even people standing in the area between both stands.

stovelid wrote: »
    Both stands on that side were full from what I could see as well as loads (including me) standing in front of the away end and even people standing in the area between both stands.

Most of the seated stand was Drogheda. I'm judging by who stood up and clapped when Twigg came off and who didn't. The whole left-hand block which would be around 100 and some more in the middle. Although I would like to see the official attendance figures from the game. Shockingly enough, I don't think it matters because I'm told the clubhouse was robbed of the money anyway. Not sure how true that is though.

• Advertisement

Most of the seated stand was Drogheda. I'm judging by who stood up and clapped when Twigg came off and who didn't. The whole left-hand block which would be around 100 and some more in the middle. Although I would like to see the official attendance figures from the game. Shockingly enough, I don't think it matters because I'm told the clubhouse was robbed of the money anyway. Not sure how true that is though.

In fairness, I could only see the side of that stand that you mention (the section facing the away stand) and it was definitely Rovers.

People are saying 1200 as attendance elsewhere. I would have estimated our support at being 7-800.

As for the game, I thought Drogs were just trying to contain us, and did so until the two goals which did come during your only real spell of pressure.

What was your number 12(?) thinking. He must have got bollocked out of it.

stovelid wrote: »
    What was your number 12(?) thinking. He must have got bollocked out of it.

That was Osbourne he's only 17 so I'd lay the blame at Crowley's door, which is what most people seem to be doing. He's the experienced campaigner and he's ALWAYS whinging at the younger lads, especially Osbourne. His reaction was crazy altogether but I'd love to know what the hell Crowley said to him to set him off. Its not as if Crowley has been any good this year either. Did you see how it kicked off actually?

Did you see how it kicked off actually?

No, just his reaction. I didn't see what caused it. In fairness, he must have been really annoyed about something.

I can honestly say I've never seen the like of it from him before. He's usually quite timid on the pitch from what I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

http://vimeo.com/14154902

Shocking stuff from Ulster's thugs. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Delighted,didn't see the result in the rover's match till there. Come on :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Zebra3 wrote: »

Two great goals by David Cassidy. Second one was a peach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Few good challenges in that match :D Great goals too.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Two great goals by David Cassidy. Second one was a peach

He's still a class player indeed. I remember watching him with Dundalk and hoping we'd nick in and sign him. Those two goals were remarkably similar.

And how was Shane Grimes not sent off??? Normally any LOI ref would love to give 2 yellow cards in a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

I didn't think so.:confused: First goal was McMahon giving the ball away on the right-hand side and ye hit us on the break. We definately had the greater momentum at that point in the game. Then Crowley/McGill/Osbourne happened and it all unravelled from there.

I was trying to pay tribute to the Rovers support. That stand, as I'm sure you're well aware has a capacity of 400. And I've seen far more people crammed into it before. Actually now that I think of it, you could add another 150 from the seated stand I didn't think of that.

That stand has a capacity of 800 not 400.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

The semi-finals of the Konami Cup are on tonight.
    Rovers 19:45 Shams
    Monaghan 20:00 Dundalk

And in the Premier Division tonight
    Bohs 19:45 Bray

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I can't see Rovers winning in Shligo. I don't think it'll it be full strength team and Sligo of course will be baying for blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I reckon a Mon Sligo final, Rovers won't play a full team will they? Dundalk are muck the moment and Mons will be well up for it prob backed by a big crowd as well.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It's nice to win again...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

It's nice to win again...

Even if it was against Bray, poor crowd again, guess we have to get used to this now, whatever band wagoners we had are gone.

Looking forward to Dundalk now, first time I have been able to make a trip to Oriel in a good long while.

Good to see a Mons Sligo final! Good for both clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

frantic190 wrote: »
    Even if it was against Bray, poor crowd again, guess we have to get used to this now, whatever band wagoners we had are gone.

Looking forward to Dundalk now, first time I have been able to make a trip to Oriel in a good long while.

Good to see a Mons Sligo final! Good for both clubs.

What was the crowd tonight?? I heard there was only just over a thousand for the Galway match? That's shocking, if true.

monkey9 wrote: »
    What was the crowd tonight?? I heard there was only just over a thousand for the Galway match? That's shocking, if true.

1100 @ Galway
    1250 @ Bray

Its just the hardcore left, it was like this in the Farrelly era as well, hopefully we can string a run together to get some people back.

That stand has a capacity of 800 not 400.

Technically yes. But that 400 capacity was only raised a few weeks ago when they put barriers in. The most you'd ever get in there would be 500. Barriers might double the capacity but the space is still limited.

Congrats to Rovers on reaching the LC final. ;)

F*** Monaghan after their "display" in Tolka last Friday. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Congrats to Rovers on reaching the LC final. ;)

F*** Monaghan after their "display" in Tolka last Friday. :mad:

Rovers should go on to win it, no shortage of motivation after last years FAI Cup.

What did Mons do in Tolka?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    Rovers should go on to win it, no shortage of motivation after last years FAI Cup.

Link in Zebra3's quote above; quite literally attempted to end several careers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Few strong tackles tbh, a bit melodramatic from Shels fans here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Tongue in cheek lad, though the tackle on Giller right at the end was meant to break his leg. The one that received the red card was just poor more than anything, but very dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

frantic190 wrote: »
    1100 @ Galway
    1250 @ Bray

Its just the hardcore left, it was like this in the Farrelly era as well, hopefully we can string a run together to get some people back.

Nowhere near 1250 in Dalymount last night. Looks about half that.

jodi.jpg

Nowhere near 1250 in Dalymount last night. Looks about half that.

jodi.jpg

I was just giving the Extratime estimate, looking at the pic Dotsy took I'd say only about 800 at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Pure_Cork wrote: »

Why, what happened?????????:p

Wow, you edited someone else's post.

Take a bow. :rolleyes:

CiaranC wrote: »
    a bit melodramatic from Shels fans here

Never!

Advertisement