Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good vet in the Clontarf area?

Options
  • 12-08-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Could anyone recommend a good vet in the Dublin area? Don't mind if it's north or south, once it's a good, caring practice. Have been seriously let down by my own vet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

I go t0 the Raheny vet clinic- Pat Keating.
    He is very good and caring. I have a cat and he's very gentle with him compared to other vets who just scruff my kitty :mad:
    PM me and i can give you the details or google "raheny veterinary".
    Hope you will like him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Bull Wall Vet Clinic Dennis is probably one of the nicest and most professional vets i know. I always recommend him to friends. Cant speak highly enough of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Juliet

Thanks for all your replies. I'll certainly look into both of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

+1 on Raheny

Three generations of my family all have their animals there

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Anicare Clontarf - on the Malahide road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ado86 wrote: »
    Anicare Clontarf - on the Malahide road.
    +1 we use the Botanic one - if anyone goes there thats a pic of our Bailey Boy in a scales when he was a baby on the weight loss board! :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dublin_Muttley_

Anicare Veterinary or Artaine Vets on the roundabout on the Malahide road

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭no1girliegirl

Denis in Bull Wall Veterinary clinic is the best vet i've come across. Excellent with all the pets and owners and doesnt rip you off. He looks out for the animals and not his pockets.

He really knows his stuff, ive been to other vets who had my dog on tablets for months that never sorted the problem and then i went to Bull Wall on recommendation and the dogs problem was sorted fairly quickly!!!

I'd stay away from Raheny tho, brought my cat there in an emergency, wasnt sure if he'd been attacked, knocked down or what all i knew was he needed help and fast so went to Raheny and was sent home after the Cat had received stitches and supposed xrays. Said he'd ba grogy for a day or two with the drugs she'd given and should be fine, 2 days later i knew there was something more wrong when he was weeing/leaking bloody urine and brought him to Denis in Bull Wall, The minute he felt his tail he said his spine was injured, he took him for more xrays the results were his tail was broken and bladder paralized.

I was so angry that a cat could be sent home in that condition and that he must have been in such pain for two days when he could have been put out of that pain with out suffering. Unfortunately i've heard other such stories about that vets since.

I wont be moving anywhere again.

Advertisement