Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for first years

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Pretty sure there's no access point in the library itself for the wireless, so what you are picking up is from the access points in the canteen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

angelxx wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get a locker and how do you go about it? Thanks.

A locker is €20 for the year, with €10 being returned when you hand your key back. They're available from the Student's Union office. Not terribly big, but you can stash some of the heavier items in there and just carry what you need for the time being.

I'd love one of the long American-style ones. Would be brilliant on Thursdays what with the swords and banjaxed shoulder and whatnot...:(

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    Pretty sure there's no access point in the library itself for the wireless, so what you are picking up is from the access points in the canteen.

Having an access point in the library itself would make sense... So don't hold your breath, you'll turn a funny shade of blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

Anyone who has labs in the D block (Science) bring your bags in some prick is robbing them and throwing them in the jacks when not using them

Anyone who has labs in the D block (Science) bring your bags in some prick is robbing them and throwing them in the jacks when not using them

This has been going on for ages now. If you're in early enough you can get a library locker(the white ones beside the canteen) but I dunno if that's a great option when you're up on the Science corridor. Other than that: get a SU one, dump your bag with friends who aren't in class, or don't take anything into college that you can't put in your pockets. Also, wear clothes with big pockets. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 mouthforwar93

ill be living in old willow, but im not near the "back" where everyone seems to worry about. ive seen the neighbours, they seem very quiet and are mostly old. think it will okay?

The majority of people I know who lived further back (i.e. Willow Park Green) had no problems. You'll be grand! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭r0cks0l1dd

So what do we bring in on the registration day besides the forms? Any equipment or what?

Also, what's this I've been hearing of some guy robbing bags in the Science department? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

Bring your forms and a refill pad with a pen in case you need to take anything down, You shouldn't need anything else really!

The bag robbing thing went on a bit last year I believe especially in the IT labs but maybe also in the Science Labs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭r0cks0l1dd

Bring your forms and a refill pad with a pen in case you need to take anything down, You shouldn't need anything else really!

The bag robbing thing went on a bit last year I believe especially in the IT labs but maybe also in the Science Labs too.

So the main thing is to keep your bag with you?

Also, I'm not sure if this will stay the same but my timetable online is very packed. I know it will be easier than in later years and it's more basic stuff but on one day I have only an hour break from 1-2 when I'm in from 9-6. Do the timetables change once they give them to you? My friend has it worse. Apparently, according to the online timetable, he has NO break from 9-6 on a Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

r0cks0l1dd wrote: »
    So the main thing is to keep your bag with you?

Also, I'm not sure if this will stay the same but my timetable online is very packed. I know it will be easier than in later years and it's more basic stuff but on one day I have only an hour break from 1-2 when I'm in from 9-6. Do the timetables change once they give them to you? My friend has it worse. Apparently, according to the online timetable, he has NO break from 9-6 on a Monday.

They will change...alot :rolleyes: You need to keep an eye on it every day for.....ever :D

Advertisement