Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More More More Stuff for Grant

Options
  • 12-08-2010 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Why do they even offer grants when they try their very best to make it impossible to get one.

I'm applying as an independent mature student and I feel like they're doing everything they can to stop me getting a grant.

After I first applied with tonnes of documents I was asked to send in more documents to prove
    1. I have been living in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years

2. That I live independently since October 2009
    1. P21’s weren’t acceptable. I had to give them P60’s. Luckily I managed to find enough to keep them happy.
    2. They wanted bills (phone, electric, gas, bank statements etc) with my name on them. Like lots of people of my age I have a prepay mobile phone, the bills where I live are in other people’s names and as I’ve had to move around Ireland for work I’ve left my bank statements going to my mother’s house for ease.
    Now the newest thing they want is proof that I can support myself for 4 years. How the feck????? Because I’m independent and will be renting I need to prove to them I can afford €36,000. I can prove that I’ve worked summer jobs and part time jobs for the past few years and intend to do this for the next 4 years but this isn’t proof according to them. They need written independent proof. As I’m moving city to go to college I’ve to give up my jobs in Dublin. As I haven’t moved to Cork yet I don’t have a job. Also I will be working next summer and the summer after but I doubt my employer will give me written confirmation on this and how much I will be paid.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The whole thing is ridiculous. I know this country is messed up in loads of ways so I suppose I should of expected this crap. Viva le revolution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

GSOIRL wrote: »
    Now the newest thing they want is proof that I can support myself for 4 years.

ehh ? How the hell does that work ! Sure your asking for help to support yourself for the 4yrs. Christ on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,512 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Presumably you are only asking for a grant for fees rather than maintenance. If you cannot support yourself for 4 years there is no point getting a fees grant. Have you established that you are not entitled to a maintenance grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Fill out all the requirements on the official form. Fill out these requirements nothing more nothing less. Give them the documents based on the form 'all of them', nothing more nothing less.

If you are eligible for the grant due to income etc via these comprehensive forms then that is the bottom line. Do not be put off by your individual problem. Fill in the forms do the red tape and go from there.

Don't let your situation become an addition to the form which is in place. It does not include your situation. Take a hard line stance and just do what is there at the moment form wise. Maybe next year they will include your situation into the process. As it stands at the moment it is not an issue.

Go through the process and drive on. Don't raise it with them again just do the red tape that exists at the moment. Best of luck you will do ok.

Advertisement