Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's Wally?

• 12-08-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Where's Wally - what can you spot in here? It's mainly sf & f, but there is a little bit of business and programming stuff too.

4885011573_7b59440a05.jpg
    4885011043_1d371f669f.jpg

(images link to bigger versions)

I was doing a bit of a tidy up lately, decided to sort out my library a bit, and ended up with my bed 3 feet deep in books. I found a load of duplicates - particularly Gemmell and Pratchett for some reason, the re-read favourites? - and have sent about 150-200 books to the charity shops. After removing duplicates & taking the pics I resorted by author and put back on the now much neater shelves. Well, when I wasn't reading them.

No, Wally isn't in there :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I can't believe you bothered to buy the third Ringworld book after the second one. :p

And Michael Crichton's "Prey" - another best forgotten!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Dades wrote: »
    I can't believe you bothered to buy the third Ringworld book after the second one. :p

And Michael Crichton's "Prey" - another best forgotten!

I know, I know... but they're far from the most dodgy that's in there :)

I find it hard to give up on an author/series once I've committed, so I have accumulated a lot of crap!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Trojan wrote: »
    I find it hard to give up on an author/series once I've committed, so I have accumulated a lot of crap!
    Speaking of crap, I see the abomination that are the Dune prequel books in there. I hope you burnt them. And then fed the fire with your Terry Goodkind books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

ixoy wrote: »
    Speaking of crap, I see the abomination that are the Dune prequel books in there. I hope you burnt them. And then fed the fire with your Terry Goodkind books.

Harsh, but true.

Once I bought Wizard's First Rule I had to continue with the rest of it, to my detriment.

And Dune is one of my top 3 if not top books, so I inhale anything related. To be fair to Brian Herbert & Anderson, they're not much worse than the later Dune sequels.

Advertisement