Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor issue

Options
  • 12-08-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi folks....I have a SE C905 on Meteor billpay, due to their roaming charges I'm trying to use a different sim card in the phone but its locked to Meteor, I requested the unlock code in March10 and then every month since then, they always say they have no record of me asking for the code....anyway they got back to me today and told me SE told them that the handset was not sold to Meteor and they will not provide the unlock code, Meteor told me to contact SE myself, which I did and SE tell me its the networks responsibility to chase this up....Meteor tell me they cant/wont....kinda stuck between a rock and a hardstone now, upgrade was taken in Carphone warehouse in Mar09...anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its up to meteor to get it for you, that is a joke that it has taken that long. You need to ask for a supervisor or make a complaint, because it should only take a few days at the very most to get the unlock code.

Its up to them to get the phone unlocked, you have paid for it via your 12 month contract, they have no excuses. Dont take any bull**** from them

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Thanks for the quick reply...everytime I ask for a supervisor I get " they'll call me later "....fed up at this stage to be honest, I called them again and they told me to take it to an Unlocking shop......they used to have very good customer care.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If they told me that, i would ask them to whom do i send the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 revie

Phoned meteor today to get my c5 unlocked and got the code straight away

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

OP, i would join up the Meteor Talk to Us Forums and request it there.
    also send an email with the subject being "Official Complaint" in the sublect line to info@meteor.ie

kceire wrote: »
    OP, i would join up the Meteor Talk to Us Forums and request it there.
    also send an email with the subject being "Official Complaint" in the sublect line to info@meteor.ie

Sound, I will give that a go when I get home from work.....I called up to cancel my contract due to frustration and believe it or not I got a call back.....they are now going to escalate it with the Carphone Warehouse, they did admit it was highly unusual and don't really know what to do, they promised a satisfactory response within 10 working days.....here's hoping. Thanks for all the responses, I will update when I hear more.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Have you actually tried another network sim in the phone ? 99% of carphone warehouse handsets are not locked to a network.

Carphone have completely different suppliers than meteor which is A) why they dont have the code & B) why SE told meteor it wasnt sold to them.

Have you actually tried another network sim in the phone ? 99% of carphone warehouse handsets are not locked to a network.

Carphone have completely different suppliers than meteor which is A) why they dont have the code & B) why SE told meteor it wasnt sold to them.

Hi, yes I have tried another sim and get the message " invalid sim inserted " they guy in the Carphone Warehouse told me it was unlocked at the time but the phone had to go for repair before I tried another sim......could the repair company have network locked it? The company was MPRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

Hi, yes I have tried another sim and get the message " invalid sim inserted " they guy in the Carphone Warehouse told me it was unlocked at the time but the phone had to go for repair before I tried another sim......could the repair company have network locked it? The company was MPRC.

They could have done a software update that may have locked your phone. My best bet for you is to join the forum and post up whats happening. I was trying to get a network unlock code with o2 for 3 months and they never called me back and every time I called them they have no record of a network unlock code being requested. I joined the o2 forum, posted up what happened and got the code in 5 minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Ah yes, any phone that goes for repair normally gets a software update and network locked again, & I would imagine MPRC would not of taken note of the code.

Maybe it would do no harm giving MPRC a call and explaining whats going on, explain your handset was originally unlocked, they locked it when they repaired it and your unable to get a code to unlock it from Meteor or SE, they may be able to unlock it for you.

Worth a try :)

Ah yes, any phone that goes for repair normally gets a software update and network locked again, & I would imagine MPRC would not of taken note of the code.

Maybe it would do no harm giving MPRC a call and explaining whats going on, explain your handset was originally unlocked, they locked it when they repaired it and your unable to get a code to unlock it from Meteor or SE, they may be able to unlock it for you.

Worth a try :)

Hi, I sent an email to MPRC asking this.....will have to wait and see what they say,
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭hickory

Sometimes Carphone buy phones themselves and sell them on the networks, that might be why Meteor can't get the unlock code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Op I had to leave meteor this year I had been with them for neary 10 years. Their customer service is gone to the dogs, their not even pretending at this stage. I bet they changed to the Ryanair model - except they put there prices up....?

Hope you get sorted but once your contracts up I would leave.

theg81der wrote: »
    Op I had to leave meteor this year I had been with them for neary 10 years. Their customer service is gone to the dogs, their not even pretending at this stage. I bet they changed to the Ryanair model - except they put there prices up....?

Hope you get sorted but once your contracts up I would leave.

I've been with them 6+years....my contact was up in Mar but I took a " promotion " that tied me in until Sep but I have been on the phone to them so much that I managed to get out a month early so 5 more days and I'm out. As you say their customer service is very poor now, shame really as they where always very good in that department, this can said about so many companies now...sign of the times?!

Advertisement