Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing Phone on Meteor

Options
  • 12-08-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭

I was just going to buy a new phone on meteor.ie (No idea really what one yet but I picked one anyway :D) but I went through the CC details and all that but then this page I have never seen before came up, its Visa verification, you have to put in your password (3 digits of it) of my account, and if you say you don't have Visa Verification it asks for 3 numbers on your statement or something.

I am just wondering anyway is this a thing that has been brought in to help stop fraud or whatever, I am sorry its probably been brought up loads, but I just want to make sure as you can't be too careful with the Credit card.

Also if anyone has any advise on a phone either LG Cookie Fresh, Samsung Genio Touch, Samsung Ping Touch or Nokia 7230. If anyone could help with that which one would be the better phone for like music or something as I am not pushed on camera or whatever, but yeah mainly its about the issue above.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 panorton

This happens to me sometimes when I use my mbna Visa. Well I only have one card anyway but I get transfered to another web page and I'm showen a little picture which I selected when I set up this extra verification but I have always forotton it by the time I'm next asked for it so I have to do it all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Perfect, thanks very much, just a strange thing as it dosn't look part of the normal site. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

No, not that I noticed, that's what got me worried as well as I didn't see it saying redirected or anything it just went to this page after you enter in expiry date and card number and that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement