Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking on a night out!

Options
  • 12-08-2010 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all,

Just been really bothered with going out in Galway on a night out and having to park the car somewhere that's safe but that I don't have to get up for half 8 to ticket or move the car. It's grand on a sat night cos there no ticket needed the sun morning, but other days of the week ya do.

Just wondering what other people do? Half eight is an ungodly hour when you're hungover :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Hynes car park on dock road charge 9 euro for 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Park back past GTI - heading for the prom, there's a few roads that are free parking 24/7 and they're reasonably close to town. Plenty of people park there for work and walk in every day so surely the thirst for a few scoops would make you walk it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Depends on where you are but have you thought of bus into Town and then a Taxi home?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭padunne

The road to the left of the cathderal is free 24/7. I often park there. Or anywhere up around westside is usually free. Ud prob find somewhere too round bothar mor

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

Black Box car park or Cathedral car park (outside the grounds of the cathedral itself). You can buy a ticket for €5 anytime after 6.30 in the evening that will see you through to 6.30 the following evening. I've done it loads of times, and car has always been there the next day, unharmed. (Maybe not on Rally weekend or any of the really crazy bank holiday weekends though)

• Advertisement
Advertisement