Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing very old (2001) post.

Options
  • 12-08-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Hey,

A friend has asked me if I would delete references I made to him in a post I made in 2001 as it's one of the top results for his name on Google and he doesn't really want people to stumble across it. I was 15/16 at the time and wasn't really considering the fact that this might be out on the web a decade into the future.

I think there was some sort of site crash between then and now so the post isn't directly tied to my profile anymore but I'm still using the same username.

I know that the Privacy Policy says that posts will only be deleted in special circumstances, but would it be possible to have it deleted? Or at the very least to get the name removed? If so I can provide a link to the post via a PM.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It should be no problem.

PM the mods in question of the forum with the details.

Advertisement