Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tubridy Show

• 11-08-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have been listening in to what was the Tubridy show at 0900 hours on RTE radio 1. Have missed both the beginning and the end for last two days and so am unsure whether it is Kathryn Thomas or Lucy from Rodge & Podge, they sound similar or someone else!. Anyway whoever it is, is doing a very fine job of it. They have handled the programmes for the last two days with the ease of Gay Byrne and the topics have not been easy. Yesterday, she interviewed 2 ex cons who were drug users and she got them talking with ease and also managed to throw in what we would all liked to have said to one who may have burgled our homes, with respect. This am, she had David Coleman on re child parent queries and again it was handled like a pro. I would like to hear more of that type of programme. I feel it has been too lightweight in recent years although I was also a big fan of Marian Finucane. and whoever presented it yesterday and today, Well done for the straight talking which was respectful and not showy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I have been listening in to what was the Tubridy show at 0900 hours on RTE radio 1. Have missed both the beginning and the end for last two days and so am unsure whether it is Kathryn Thomas or Lucy from Rodge & Podge, they sound similar or someone else!. Anyway whoever it is, is doing a very fine job of it. They have handled the programmes for the last two days with the ease of Gay Byrne and the topics have not been easy. Yesterday, she interviewed 2 ex cons who were drug users and she got them talking with ease and also managed to throw in what we would all liked to have said to one who may have burgled our homes, with respect. This am, she had David Coleman on re child parent queries and again it was handled like a pro. I would like to hear more of that type of programme. I feel it has been too lightweight in recent years although I was also a big fan of Marian Finucane. and whoever presented it yesterday and today, Well done for the straight talking which was respectful and not showy.

Bit OTT. Kathryn Tomas don't think her voice is as rasping as Lucy Kennedy's voice. The show is Summer on One. Kathryn Tomas has had allot of praise since starting the show, much better than Ryan Tubrity, pity she didn't get the show full time.

The OP isn't talking about the Tubridy Show Mods.

Radio stars to keep an eye might be a better title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

I think she's very good. Seems to do her homework on the topics she's talking about.... unlike some!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Way too loud for the time slot, and way too much 'bonhomie' for the hour that's in it.

Too much emphasis on the celebrity culture and has a bang of 'Heat ' and 'OK' off it.

Otherwise passable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I was pleasantly surprised with Kathryn Thomas on the radio. I think the medium suits her better than television, she seems more comfortable with it. I would have kept listening she was given the slot full time. I'm sure this won't be the last we hear of her on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

I am enjoying listening to Katheryn too - I thought that she did a great interview the other morning with the 2 ex cons. She shows an interest but doesn't brown nose (well not all of the time like others). She deserves a regular radio slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

how could anyone compare kathyrn to lucy kennedy!!:mad: Kathyrn is doing a great job on radio, she's a natural. before i started listening to her i wouldnt have thought she's be as good as she is. she should get a full time slot somewhere.

Shane10 wrote: »
    how could anyone compare kathyrn to lucy kennedy!!:mad: Kathyrn is doing a great job on radio, she's a natural. before i started listening to her i wouldnt have thought she's be as good as she is. she should get a full time slot somewhere.

If she got 11 - 12 on 2FM that would be a surprise. Even give her Mooney's Slot on Radio 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

Elmo wrote: »
    If she got 11 - 12 on 2FM that would be a surprise. Even give her Mooney's Slot on Radio 1.

i would tune in and listen to her, she prob wont be in the schedule though, you think??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Shane10 wrote: »
    i would tune in and listen to her, she prob wont be in the schedule though, you think??

Can't say I've warmed to her at all. Jenny hueston has been great this week though

Advertisement