Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do I add a Logo to a picture

• 12-08-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just looking to know how do I add a logo to the bottom corner of a picture in CS3? I am still only getting used to using it so i'm sure its a stupid question!!:D

I basically have a black logo on a white background, but want to only put in the logo with out the background, and I also want to change it to gold!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

What file type is the logo? If it is a jpeg you have a bit of a job selecting the part you want and copying that selection. If it is a psd it may just be in layers so you copy the layers you require.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

This should be posted in the Photography/Digital Darkroom forum. But in the meantime, here's how to do what you need.
    1. I presume you have the image open in photoshop.
    2. Bring you logo into that and place it in a layer above your main image.
    3. Change the new layers blending mode to multiply.
    4. Hide your background layer.
    5. On the menu bar choose Select/Colour range. Then use the mouse to select the logo. When all the logo is selected click ok. You should now have the marching ants selection you need to fill the logo with gold.
    6. Create a new layer above that and press shift + f5 to fill the layer.
    7. Choose colour then select the colour you'd like. A quick gawk at google tells me to use the hex #FFD700 for gold. Paste that hex number into the relevant box. Click OK
    8. Press Ctrl+D to clear the marching ants selection.
    9. Unhide your background layer, all done.....

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

oshead wrote: »
    This should be posted in the Photography/Digital Darkroom forum. But in the meantime, here's how to do what you need.
    1. I presume you have the image open in photoshop.
    2. Bring you logo into that and place it in a layer above your main image.
    3. Change the new layers blending mode to multiply.
    4. Hide your background layer.
    5. On the menu bar choose Select/Colour range. Then use the mouse to select the logo. When all the logo is selected click ok. You should now have the marching ants selection you need to fill the logo with gold.
    6. Create a new layer above that and press shift + f5 to fill the layer.
    7. Choose colour then select the colour you'd like. A quick gawk at google tells me to use the hex #FFD700 for gold. Paste that hex number into the relevant box. Click OK
    8. Press Ctrl+D to clear the marching ants selection.
    9. Unhide your background layer, all done.....

Hope this helps

Thanks mate, gonna try that now!

Ok this is as far as I got, went with not changing the colour.

My problem is now though that in illustrator, the logo looks crystal clear but when I copy and paste it into photoshop, it comes quite grainy on the script part (good).

Can anyone help me out as to how to get this much sharper??

cheers.

Heres the pic
    GLUGNSX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

can you not raster out of illustrator at say 300 ppi as a tiff

or even bring it into photoshop as a vector object
    then get photoshop to raster it

• Advertisement

im not sure what rastor is or what it means im afraid! will go searching!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

How does the logo look when you open it up directly in photoshop?

it looks ok in photoshop. Im just presuming when you resize it down it just looks grainy automatically. So im not sure what to do, make the signature bigger or what!

Advertisement