Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question for Donoghues in and around Nenagh

Options
  • 12-08-2010 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello all,

This might be a bit of a long shot, but what the hell?

I'm trying to track down some of my family in Nenagh.

Does does anyone have a relative called Pat?

No, I'll be serious now. A member of my family reckons that we still have family living in Nenagh (my side moved). A fella named Patrick Donohue, who had two brothers William (Bill) and John. Their dad was called Edward, but weirdly no one remembers their mother's name. They lived in St. Joseph's Park. Do you happen to be related, or know someone who is/might be?

If yes, I'd be very grateful if you could drop me a PM, as I'm trying to track down people and build a picture of where my family is now. Who knows, we might be related!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

Hi! Hope this is of help. Don't know them myself but this could help:

Pretty good genealogy service in town if you were looking to trace back farther:

http://www.irish-roots.ie/tipperary-north.asp

and also he could be in here:

http://www.eircomphonebook.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 llamageddon

Hi Rach,

Thanks for those links, but I've already had a look through ;)

I'm looking for living and dead relatives as it goes, we all lost touch a fair while ago, so God knows who's where now, but some of my family reckon people are still there so you never know.

Thanks a mil

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

There are 18 Donoghue's from Nenagh in the phonebook. You could just try calling them !

Can you give us an approx age for the people that you have mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 llamageddon

That there are! Yeah, I'm getting to the stage where I might just ring round.

Um, as for ages - the Patrick in question is most likely dead tbh. He had a large family according to one of my cousins, so his children will likely have grandchildren now. The only name my cousin can remember is Eva. I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's changed her name now.

I don't know if you're picking this up or anything, but bits of the family didn't talk very much... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 anitakelly61

hi iam anita kelly pat grandaughter plz get in touch my email is antia.montague@mail.com

• Advertisement

i am a donoghue i am pats grandraughter eva was my aunty betty was my mum plz get in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Rubbish you're a scammer in Nigeria xD

what i live in birmingham and i do know who my grandad was because my grandad ended up living with the griffens kitty

no sorry not that i know of bbut my grand pat lived in st josphes park in neagh were he lived with my nan maggie and had 8 children they then all moved to aston in birmingham i do know my grandad had 2 brothers called john and bill

Advertisement