Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Camera

Options
  • 12-08-2010 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Ok so I got a Fujifilm J30 32 38 camera last Christmas (2009) in Argos I have had it just less than 8 months. Today I noticed the camera lens was bent. Legally am I able to get my money back or a refund?.

If it comes to it can I claim off house insurance?. The cost is about 300 so would that up my premium, any replies welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ok so I got a Fujifilm J30 32 38 camera last Christmas (2009) in Argos I have had it just less than 8 months. Today I noticed the camera lens was bent. Legally am I able to get my money back or a refund?.

Why would Argos give you a refund for the camera?
    They did not bend the lens, nor did they sell you a camera with a bent lens
    If it comes to it can I claim off house insurance?. The cost is about 300 so would that up my premium, any replies welcome!

This I do no know about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

if you bought the extra insurance argos seem to sell better than their products you will probably be able to get a new camera from the insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If it wasn't bent until today, or recently, then it's not a warranty issue. You, or someone else, broke it.

On insurance, you'd have to check your policy for what you can claim. All insurance comes with an excess, and it could well be €300, which means you'd not be able to claim.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

a recent claim (usually 3 years) will mean a lot of insurers will not give you a quote, doesn't matter the claim amount

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

slave1 wrote: »
    a recent claim (usually 3 years) will mean a lot of insurers will not give you a quote, doesn't matter the claim amount

Is that from experience? I made a claim a two years ago against my house insurance (for more than a grand). I'd no problems getting quotes last year from any company I asked when the renewal was due and ended up moving as the quotes I got were cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

If the lens was always bent yes, but I doubt this as it would have been noticed before. Otherwise then no, it is not a malfunction but caused by excessive / rough use.

Advertisement