Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booting from USB - not working :-/

• 12-08-2010 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm basically trying to install Windows XP onto the computer from a USB drive.

I have the Windows XP installation CD.

My PC's cd/dvd drive appears to have ceased working, so I used my laptop to copy the contents of the XP installation CD onto a USB drive.

I then put the USB key into the computer, switched on the computer, entered the boot menu, and selected "USB Device."

However, a message then came up saying "Missing Operation System."

I have done a Google search to try and work this out, but to no avail. Does anybody have simple instructions on how to do this? I've had so many computer issues this past week, things I've had to fix and figure out etc.. that my head is melted.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

google "how to create a bootable usb for xp"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭bluferbl

It's more complicated than it should be but there are plenty of threads on the net about how to do it...just follow them to the letter. I found good info on http://forum.eeeuser.com/ when I was doing the same thing to install XP on an eee pc 901.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Cheers lads. Will let you know how it goes.

Advertisement