Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fáil in Northern Ireland.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Nationalists dominate stormont?:confused:

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/news/people_and_politics/sinn-fein-now-largest-party-eye-first-minister-job-in-north-93216779.html

Yes, Sinn Fein is the biggest party in the six counties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

I take it that the Unionists don't follow events in the Republic, so ?

I ment on an idealogical level.

By recruiting dissident Sinn Feiners like Martin McAllister?

This dident seam to put off UUP representitaves at a recent Ógra FF summer camp in Belfast.
    Fianna fail are a buying machine ,without money they're defunct.

Is FF short on funds at the moment?
    I hadent heard this, moast canvasing done for FF is done by volenteers anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Is FF short on funds at the moment?
    I hadent heard this, moast canvasing done for FF is done by volenteers anyway.

Nah ,fianna fail are going to close all the hospitals in ireland and pay everyone on the dole €400 a week come the next election.

Why ?

Because it's of more benefit to pay the majority of the electorate for votes.

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Nah ,fianna fail are going to close all the hospitals in ireland and pay everyone on the dole €400 a week come the next election.

Why ?

Because it's of more benefit to pay the majority of the electorate for votes.

No they wont, They have not taken an easy economic path this time, you may think what they are doing is the wrong thing but it certainly wont get them any votes.

FF will not be in the next gov no mater what. they know this. They will follow a policy of looking responciple so as to make the time they are out of gov as short as possible.

FF will not be in the next gov no mater what. they know this. They will follow a policy of looking responciple so as to make the time they are out of gov as short as possible.

I really don't see how they could ever see themselves in any part of the future of the country ,when they wasted any chance of true strenght in the country ,both monetary and policy wise.
    Fianna fail are like a ghost at this stage ,the ghost of celtic past.Everything they're doing at the moment is denial of what they've done ,it's like they're waiting for the next gravy train to come along.

Where is bertie ahern to act as ambassador and carry on the good work he did up the north ? ,if he was so important in northern ireland ,why isn't he up there at the moment discussing some policies within an ambassador type capacity?
    I would if I was as responsible for things as he was ,back then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

When are they starting this policy ? They don't do responsibility!

Unless you mean that they'll finally admit that they're responsible for the mess we are in ?

I really don't see how they could ever see themselves in any part of the future of the country ,when they wasted any chance of true strenght in the country ,both monetary and policy wise.
    Fianna fail are like a ghost at this stage ,the ghost of celtic past.Everything they're doing at the moment is denial of what they've done ,it's like they're waiting for the next gravy train to come along.

Where is bertie ahern to act as ambassador and carry on the good work he did up the north ? ,if he was so important in northern ireland ,why isn't he up there at the moment discussing some policies within an ambassador type capacity?
    I would if I was as responsible for things as he was ,back then.

Do you really expect the most succesful(electorally) party in the history of the state to just role over and give up?

As for Berty. I dont know him so I cant really say what hes been up to or why.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    When are they starting this policy ? They don't do responsibility!

Unless you mean that they'll finally admit that they're responsible for the mess we are in ?

I expect them to bring out one of the harshest budgets in a long time come december. It will do them no favours in the next election and may even toppel the goverment but they will be able to point to it later and say they put the country before the party.

And no I dont think they will ever admit they were wrong.

Do you really expect the most succesful(electorally) party in the history of the state to just role over and give up?

As for Berty. I dont know him so I cant really say what hes been up to or why.

To be perfectally honest ,I don't trust them in the slightest to make any judgement now or in the future. And that is the reason I don't think they should be in government now or ever.

To be perfectally honest ,I don't trust them in the slightest to make any judgement now or in the future. And that is the reason I don't think they should be in government now or ever.

well thats your choice. They definatly wont be in gov after the next election anyway.

However this thread is supposed to be about NI, So what do you think about them in NI?

• Advertisement

well thats your choice. They definatly wont be in gov after the next election anyway.

However this thread is supposed to be about NI, So what do you think about them in NI?

I think if your not any good at your profession ,retrain and do something else.
    At least I think thats what the general consensus is ,but we may need a vote on that .

:rolleyes:

I think if your not any good at your profession ,retrain and do something else.
    At least I think thats what the general consensus is ,but we may need a vote on that .

:rolleyes:

Their profession is getting elected, they happen to be quite good at it.

Their profession is getting elected, they happen to be quite good at it.

That is why we are in this mess at the moment ,an elected government is suppose to govern when elected ,not just get elected.

I expect them to bring out one of the harshest budgets in a long time come december. It will do them no favours in the next election and may even toppel the goverment but they will be able to point to it later and say they put the country before the party.

I don't know whether you're saying that's what they'll claim, or that's what you actually think ?

The budget in December is irrelevant to what people think of them, except they don't realise it.

And likewise, they will never be able to (validly) claim that they put "country before party".

If you're suggesting that this is their tactic, as distinct from the truth, then you could well be right.

But at this stage FF and truth don't belong in the same sentence.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I don't know whether you're saying that's what they'll claim, or that's what you actually think ?

The budget in December is irrelevant to what people think of them, except they don't realise it.

And likewise, they will never be able to (validly) claim that they put "country before party".

If you're suggesting that this is their tactic, as distinct from the truth, then you could well be right.

But at this stage FF and truth don't belong in the same sentence.

I am suggesting that this will be their tactic.
    I beleive a harsh budget in december is nessary for this country to stave off the IMF.
    I dont know if theyr policies will work, we will have to wait a few years to see that.
    They will be able to claim to have tried regardless.

I beleive that if they bring out a nessary but unpopular budget in december they will be destroyed in the Next election. Because of this they will be able to claim they did the right thing knowing it would not be good for the party.

I am suggesting that this will be their tactic.
    I beleive a harsh budget in december is nessary for this country to stave off the IMF.
    I dont know if theyr policies will work, we will have to wait a few years to see that.
    They will be able to claim to have tried regardless.

I beleive that if they bring out a nessary but unpopular budget in december they will be destroyed in the Next election. Because of this they will be able to claim they did the right thing knowing it would not be good for the party.

Sorry for butting in ,but you do realise that the reason it will be so harsh is because of the mistakes they've made in the past ?
    It's not because of their good track record they're doing this ,it's infact the opposite.

Sorry for butting in ,but you do realise that the reason it will be so harsh is because of the mistakes they've made in the past ?
    It's not because of their good track record they're doing this ,it's infact the opposite.

No need to be sorry, I am well aware of it. There would have been a recission anyway but the incompetiance of the FF leadership made it much worse.

However this thread was started for a reason. To discuss NI politics and how FF's influence may affect things there. There are other threads to discuss FF in the South.

However this thread was started for a reason. To discuss NI politics and how FF's influence may affect things there. There are other threads to discuss FF in the South.

I think it's just fianna fail clutching at straws, trying to retain their hefty incomes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Don't think they really have much of a chance in the north, the SPDLP is the middle class party and IMO the left leaning aspect is an asset as though the north now has a significant nationalist middle class due to to the small size of the catholic middle class in previous years most of these voters grew up in working class families. Other factors are the perception of corruption of southern politicians (and generally dislike/sense of betrayal by of the south by some) and the fact that if they would be that most hated thing the Splitters

Don't you mean
    Other factors are the perception of corruption of southern politicians

• Advertisement

I think it's just fianna fail clutching at straws, trying to retain their hefty incomes.

How dose FF establishing a presence in NI affect their Income?

Advertisement